Chapter Four

Liliana's POV

I got up for the day and walked through the town, only to bump into Noodle and her cart, "Oh, Noodle. Are you okay?" Noodle smiled, "Yeah, Ana. I'm okay. I heard you try to get past the door last night." I sighed, "Yeah. I can't stand that vile woman." Noodle smirked, "So, about Mr. Wonka..." I blushed, "What on Earth do you mean, Noodle?" Noodle giggled, "What do you think about him?" I sighed blissfully, "He's smart, kind, handsome." Noodle hugged me, "You're in love!" I giggled, "Noodle, love doesn't happen that quickly." Noodle groaned, "But Mr. Wonka is a better fit for you than that nasty Fickelgruber!" I sighed, "He's the only man that hasn't run away from me, Noodle. Every time I get close to a man, they disappear. Maybe it's a sign that Felix is the one." Noodle shook her head, "No, no, no! He's not. Mr. Wonka is different, please don't give up!" 

I smiled and kissed her forehead, "Sometimes it doesn't work out in the way you want it." Noodle sighed, "What would happen if Mr. Wonka made you your favorite chocolate?" I smiled, "I would trade a date for a smooth dark chocolate with a creamy minty caramel center. I do anything to taste that." Noodle smiled, "Good to know. I have to get back to work, Ana. Thank you." I kissed her head, "I promise to get you out of that washhouse, Noodle." I waved goodbye to Noodle as she waved back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

"Because I was Slugworth's accountant. For a week, at least. His regular bookkeeper was off sick and I was called halfway across the country to take his place. Seemed a straightforward job. Until I realized there were two sets of books. One for the authorities, and one which told the truth. Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose have been in cahoots for years. A sort of chocolate cartel, if you will. They've been watering down their chocolate and storing the excess in a secret vault deep beneath the cathedral, guarded round the clock by a corrupt cleric and five hundred chocoholic monks. The only way in is down a secret elevator, and past the Mistress of the Keys. A subterranean sentinel who hasn't seen sunlight in years. There are thousands of gallons of chocolate down there, and the Cartel uses it to bribe, blackmail, and bludgeon the competition. Felix Fickelgruber has his eyes set on marrying Liliana Mallard and removes any man who threatens his plans to do so. Liliana Mallard, the Food Critic of this town as you know, has had many men calling after her, but the cartel has bribed the Chief of Police to dispose, if you will, of the men that stand in the way of Fickelgruber's plans. Miss Liliana wants nothing to do with him but after a while...The men take interest in you and disappear without a trace. It's upsetting and I fear that Miss Liliana will take Fickelgruber's offer of marriage soon. I'm sorry, Mr. Wonka, but they've got you right where they want you. You can't get a shop without selling chocolate, and you can't sell chocolate without a shop. You definitely can't get near Miss Mallard without being removed from the picture, but I can tell in your eyes, Mr. Wonka...You care for her." 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Liliana's POV, The Next Morning

I heard a commotion and I looked over to see everyone surrounding Willy, trying to buy his chocolates and I giggled as he decided to overthrow the corrupted system. Everyone was excited and loved his chocolate as I looked around in awe. Willy ran up to me and put a chocolate into my hand before running away again from the Chief of Police. I took a bite of the chocolate and gasped in amazement, "Smooth dark chocolate with a creamy minty caramel center. He did it. He really did it!" I looked around for Willy all day and finally found him in the town center. Willy smiled, "Have you ever had chocolate like this?" Everyone started dancing and Willy faced me, "Liliana-" I grabbed his collar and pulled him into a kiss. I heard Noodle gasp in happiness but Willy cupped my cheeks and kissed me before pulling away, "I don't remember putting that in the chocolate." I giggled sweetly, "Willy. You made me the chocolate." Willy cupped my cheek again, "Lili, I swear to you. Nothing can keep me away from you." I frowned, "But-" 

Willy shook his head, "No buts. Fickelgruber won't chase me away." I frowned, "What?" Willy shook his head, "Never mind. Come to the washhouse tonight. I'll help you up to my room." I grinned, "You move fast, Mr. Wonka." Willy grinned, "Like I said. There is nothing to keep me from you. Not even Scrubitt. I don't want to give anyone a chance to take you from me." I smiled, "I'm not even yours." Willy smiled, "Well, Miss Mallard. Do I have the pleasure of calling you my significant other?" I smiled, "Of course, Mr. Wonka. I'd be thrilled." 

-----That Night-----

I snickered quietly as Willy threw down the rope and he chuckled, "What's so funny?" I grabbed the rope and started climbing, "This is so scandalous, Willy." I froze as a light came on and Noodle looked out her window, smirking, "So I see that you and Mr. Wonka finally got together." I chuckled nervously, "You don't see me, Noodle." Mr. Crunch responded from his window, "We certainly do." I groaned and continued, "We don't speak a word of this." Noodle and Mr. Crunch agreed and they went back to bed as I shimmied into Willy's window. Willy smiled and hugged me, "I adore you, Liliana. Even in the short time I've known you, you just bring something to light." 

I smiled, "You're my favorite kind of peanut butter...Smooth. OOH! Could you make a dark chocolate peanut butter caramel?" Willy chuckled and kissed my head, "Of course, but it's time for bed." I wiggled my eyebrows and he blushed, "Not like that!" I laughed, "I knew what you meant." We both got into Willy's bed and cuddled until we fell asleep.