Chapter Seven

Liliana's POV

I sniffled as I sat at my desk, wallowing in self-pity as my office door opened and Felix came walking in. I huffed, "What do you want, Felix?" Felix sighed, "I know this is a bad time. I understand your hurt, but Liliana, I want to be yours. You want a family. I want a family. Every man that you seem attached to, leaves. I haven't left." I scoffed, "You were in cahoots with Arthur about paying all those men to leave." Felix sighed, "As a test. If they loved you, they wouldn't have taken the money from Arthur. If Wonka loved you like he said he did, he would have taken your offer to help him...Wouldn't he of?" 

I was silent and then sighed, "You're right, Felix. I'll make you a deal." Felix grinned, "I'm listening." I took a breath, "I will marry you in a week's time.." Felix raised an eyebrow, "But?" I smiled softly, "Noodle needs a family. She becomes part of ours and I'll give you an heir to the Fickelgruber business." Felix nodded and smiled, "Deal." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix said there was a problem at the Cathedral and he wanted me to come along. I looked around in confusion as we met Arthur and Gerald there, only for us to get into the confession box and go underground. I looked around in shock, only for Felix to usher me to a vault-like room. Arthur shot his gun and I looked around him to see Willy and Noodle, I whispered, "Willy." Willy saw me, "Lili." Felix huffed and wrapped his arm around my waist, causing Willy to narrow his eyes. Arthur smirked, "Naughty, naughty, Mr. Wonka. You've caused us quite a bit of trouble. You and your urchin." Arthur walked forward with his gun pointed at Willy and I shot forward to go to them, only for Felix to hold onto me. 

I struggled against him, "Let me go!" Willy narrowed his eyes, "Yeah, but she's not just an urchin, is she, Mr. Slugworth? You're family." Noodle looked confused, "What? What are you talking about, Willy?" Willy looked at her, "You know that ring, Noodle? The one your parents gave you? Mr. Slugworth has one just like it. Don't you, Mr. Slugworth?" Arthur grinned and walked forward as I continued to struggle in Felix's arms, "As a matter of fact, I do. That belonged to my brother. Zebedee." 

Noodle frowned, "Was he my father?" Arthur sneered, "A hopeless romantic is what he was, just like Felix's darling Liliana. Fell in love with a common little bookworm, died before they could marry. Leaving me sole heir to the family fortune. Or so I thought. But nine months later, your mother turned up on my doorstep, begging me to get a doctor for her sick little newborn. I said I would help." Noodle frowned deeper, "But you didn't, did you?" Arthur shook his head, "Oh, no." Noodle connected the dots, "Instead, you put me down a laundry chute. Mrs. Scrubitt found me. She saw the ring. Thought it was an 'N', and called me Noodle. But it wasn't. It was 'Z'. For Zebedee."

Arthur nodded, "Well, quite. When your mother returned, I told her you had died. She was heartbroken, of course. But, uh, I gave her a handful of sovereigns and had her escorted from my property." Noodle looked at him, "What was her name?" Arthur looked confused, "Eh?" Noodle clarified, "My mom. What was her name?" Arthur looked alarmed, "Ooh. Let me see. Um..." I struggled harder, "Her name was Dorothy! Dorothy Smith!" Willy looked through the green book, "She's right. It also says here that you had several men disposed of in the same way you tried to kill me to get them away from Lili!" I sneered at Felix, "Liar! Let me go!" Arthur grinned, "Well, this is all very touching, but back to business! We'll take that, thank you." 

Felix handed me to Arthur and grabbed the book back from Willy and Arthur asked Felix, "How much chocolate do you have at your factory, Mr. Ficklegruber?" Felix hummed, "About eighty thousand gallons." Arthur hummed, "Prodnose?" Gerald mumbled, "Seventy-five?" Arthur grinned and tightened his grip on me, "And I've got one fifty. That should be enough." Noodle looked confused, "For what?" Arthur grinned slowly, "Death by chocolate." I yelled, "No!" Arthur smacked me across the face, causing me to fall to the ground, "Quite! You're only alive right now because you're Felix's wife!" I snarled, "I'll never marry him!" 

Willy glared, "I won't allow it." Felix snarled, "You've been a pain since you arrived. I've spent years trying to get Liliana to notice me and you accomplished it in a week. Arthur ushered Noodle and Willy in another room and I cried as I tried to get past them. My fingertips touched Willy's but Felix swiftly shoved me away. Arthur grinned, "On you go." Felix went to pull the lever and Willy interrupted him, "Uh, gentlemen. Considering the situation, I wondered if you'd do a good deed on my behalf."

Felix scoffed, "A what?" Prodnose frowned, "A good deed? It's a sort of pointless act of selfishness..." Felix groaned and Arthur sighed, "Yes, of course, Mr. Wonka. What would you like us to do?" Willy fittled with something, "I was wondering if you could give this to someone. Only if you happen to see him." Arthur raised an eyebrow, "And who is it?" Willy grinned, "A little orange man." Arthur looked confused, "Eh?" 

Willy nodded and moved the cloth around, "A little orange man. About eight inches high, with orange skin and bright green hair. Flirts with my love quite often. I owe him a jar of chocolates, you see. And, well, I think these might be the best I ever made." Willy made a jar of chocolates appear." Arthur grinned, "Well, in that case, I'll make sure he gets them personally. During the wedding ceremony today after we're done with you two." 

I tried to run to Willy, but Arthur caught my arm, "You're not going anywhere!" Willy threw the jar and smiled sadly at me as Prodnose dragged me out of the room. Arthur smiled slightly, "Farewell, Mr. Wonka. Urchin. If you're lucky, Liliana might name a boy after you when Felix gives her a son." Felix flipped the switch and I cried as they shut the door. I shoved Felix out of the way, trying to close the valve, but Felix yanked me back and continued to open the pipes to kill Noodle and Willy.