Chapter Five

Liliana's POV

I jolted awake when Willy yelled, "Gotcha!" Willy got out of bed and headed over to his desk, as I heard another voice, "What the devil? Let me out of here. I demand to be released." Willy picked up something as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "Incredible. It can speak." The thing in his hands sounded annoyed, "Well, of course I can speak. Now let me out of here, or I shall shriek. Let me out!" Willy set the thing down on his desk, "Not until I take a good look at you." Willy turned on the light and my eyes went wide, seeing a little orange man in a jar. 

The little man looked at me with the same face, "Do you know you have a woman in your bed?" Willy snapped his fingers, "I see that look, don't think about it." I huffed a laugh and sleepily watched the interaction from Willy's pillow. The man brushed off his sleeves, "Good evening." Willy stared at him, "So you're the funny little man who's been following me." The man looked offended, "'Funny little man'? How dare you. I will have you know that I am a perfectly respectable size for an Oompa Loompa."

Willy looked confused, "An Oompa-what-now?" The man nodded, "In fact, in Loompaland, I am regarded as something of a whopper. They call me Lofty. So I will thank you to stop gawping at me like every other man does to your woman. I find it uncomfortable and, frankly, rude. Isn't that right Miss?" I smiled sleepily, "Mr. Lofty is very intelligent, Willy." Willy smiled sheepishly, "Sorry." Lofty nodded, "I like this woman. She is respectable. Now let me out of here. You have absolutely no right to go around embottling innocent strangers." Willy looked amazed, "Innocent? Hold on, you've been stealing from me. For years." Lofty tapped the glass, "Well, you started it." 

Willy frowned, "Me?" Lofty nodded, "You stole our cocoa beans." Willy was even more confused, "What are you talking about?" Lofty frowned, "Do you mean that you don't even remember?" Willy sounded exasperated, "Remember what?" Lofty sounded upset and started to sob, "The day you...destroyed my life." I awed in sadness, got up and stood behind Willy, setting my hands on his shoulders, "Willy. That was mean. Make it up to him." Willy shook his head, "No, I don't remember that. Lili, my love, don't feed into this." Lofty grabbed something out of his coat, "Well then, young man, allow me to refresh your memory in the form of a song so ruinously catchy that it may never leave your mind." 

Lofty started to play and Willy panicked, "Oh, I don't think I wanna hear that." Lofty started dancing, "Too late. I've started dancing now. Once we've started, we can't stop, you see. Oompa Loompa doompety-doo. I've got a tragic tale for you. Oompa Loompa doompety-dee. If you are wise, you'll listen to me. Dear Loompaland is both luscious and green. But not conducive to growing the bean. My job was guarding what little we'd got. You came along and pinched the lot. " Willy frowned, "Hey, why didn't you say something?" Lofty looked sheepish, "Well, perhaps I drifted off. Oompa Loompa doompety-day. When I awoke, they sent me away. I'm disgraced, cast out in the cold. Till I've paid my friends back a thousandfold." 

I looked shocked and Willy sounded frantic, "A thousandfold? You gotta be kidding me!" Lofty said again, "I repeat...A thousandfold." Willy looked amazed, "Hah. Wow. Um... Mr. Loompa, if you really think that's a reasonable penalty for taking three beans..." Lofty corrected him, "Four." Willy nodded, "Four beans, then I'm sure we can come to some sort of understanding. But I can't give you my entire supply. I've got people counting on me." I frowned, "I can get you some cocoa beans, Mr. Lofty. How many would you like?" Willy looked amazed, "You can get those?" I deadpanned, "I'm a food critic, Willy. You think I can't get those?" Lofty pointed at me, "Oh, I like her." Willy flicked the glass, "Hey!" 

Lofty took a breath, "I'll tell you what. You let me out of here and we can discuss it, like gentlemen, hmm?" I laid back on the bed and smiled softly, "You two discuss it. I have connections if you want any." Willy nodded, "Thank you, Lili. Alright." Willy raised the jar and Lofty smiled, "Ah, thank you. Now, would you be so very kind to pass me that miniature frying pan?" Willy walked over and I looked in amusement, guessing what was going to happen, "Hmm, this one?" Lofty shook his head, "No, no. The heavier one, please."

Willy grabbed it, "All right." He handed it to Lofty and Lofty smiled, "Thank you. Thank you very...Ooh, I say, that is quite a beast, isn't it? Now come a little closer. That's it, closer, closer, closer, come on, cozy on up." Willy chuckled, "Okay." Lofty smirked, "There we are." Willy was confused, "What?" Willy cried out as Lofty whacked him in the nose, "Ow!" Lofty jumped off the desk and grabbed the chocolate, giving Willy a whack in the ankle, "Oompa Loompas do not negotiate. Good day, sir." 

I stood up and went to grab the jar, but Lofty grabbed my finger, "I don't want to break your hand, Miss." Willy held his food in pain, "But that's my last jar!" Lofty called out again, "I said good day." I looked at Willy, "Well, this isn't good."