Part 4 - STARFLIGHT, WHAT THE-

"Nothing," I say nervously. I shake my head roughly. "Nothing, just that it's the reason I can talk." Luckily, I remember the fake origin story I had used.

Starflight breathes a puff of smoke from his nostrils. I always thought of the black dragon as timid and shy, and definitely non-violent, but I'm feeling less and less sure of myself as he leans even closer.

"Did the book say... that it was the reason I didn't have powers?!" Starflight says angrily, a roar building in his throat. "Was I animus-touched?" Starflight's words are so terrifying that even the dragon notices it. He slumps backward. "Sorry... I got carried away..."

I scramble up to Starflight's side and rest my hand on his talon. "You're not animus-touched," I say softly. "I don't know why, but it wasn't an animus..."

Starflight's eyes half-close. "Alright, thanks anyway."

I nod reassuringly, and Starflight's neck strains to look down at me. "You're very short, Ash," he jokes.

"Geez, I wonder why," I say, a half-smile tugging at my lips.

"What is Geez?" Starflight says, tilting his head to the side. "My name is Starflight, not Geez."

I burst out laughing and have to contain myself.

"No, that's not what geez is," I say in between chuckles. "If you say geez, you're saying like... three moons."

"Oh, yeah we do say three moons," the NightWing says. "Like, three moons, I wonder why... ahhhh, yeah that makes sense.

"Yeah, kinda," I say with a shrug. I look up at the dragon and he pauses.

"Ash, I need to ask you something," he begins. He looks at me, and his eyes are filled with worry.

"Do you know that..."

My hands clench into fists.

"Do you know about 

"Do you know about Rime the animus...?" the NightWing finishes.

"STARFLIGHT, WHAT THE-"

DUN DUN DUN