SKIPS & FLUTTERS

Author's note

Guys, last chapter had Sarah's panic attack scene where she saw Taimoor, and I feel like the scene confused some people because they don't remember anything like that being said by Taimoor in The Road To Heartbreak. I wanted to clarify that he actually never said those words, they were a mix of reality and Sarah's own insecure thoughts making it a pseudo reality. Taimoor never told her to jump or die or hurt herself in anyway. It was all in her head.

Happy Reading
________________________________________

“The first time I climbed up that crane, I went up there to die.”

Sarah startled in her sleep body jolting like someone pushed her off the bed.

But she wasn’t on the bed, she realized, slowly adjusting to her surroundings, that she was still sitting on the sofa seat her elbow on the armrest and her chin propped on her palm. That was how she dozed off and when her thoughts caused her to move- her elbow slipped and she woke.

His voice and his words wouldn’t leave her head though it had been days since that incident, and despite telling herself she should let them be, she found her head immersed in his thoughts wondering and wondering….

What happened… What did he mean he went there to die…. Why would Yahya want to kill himself?

And then she also wondered how much would he want her to share if she asked him his story.

But more than that she wondered, how much could she afford to share?

How much would he hate her if he knew how gullible she had been because of her insecurities, that she played right into the enemy’s hands letting him have a sweeping victory.

Her jaw gritted tight thinking of the night everything went wrong… The night she decided to be a huge idiot and wrote her own ruination. The night she gave into the crooked rascal's plans.

His face mocked her in her nightmares and his voice taunted her for being so so stupid as to believe what he told her.

Iqtadar Khawar.

Sarah hoped he would die a terrible death. But what would be the point, because he wouldn't have succeeded if she hadn't been as dumb as she had been.

Flashback

She had been getting these calls since a few days now and her patience after the lunch with Taimoor had already been running thin this annoying caller would get the brunt of it all.

When it rang she clenched her jaw and attended the call with a vicious, “Kya museebat hai? Who the hell are you?”

The reply came after a low chuckle, “Oh, I see.. there’s trouble in paradise again..”

Sarah’s already sour mood further soiled after that comment and she gritted her teeth, “I swear I’m going make your—

“Relax Sarah..” the voice replied calmly as if they were old friends just playing around annoying each other, “Iqtadar baat kar raha hun.”

Her eyes narrowed down at her planner and her forehead creased, “Why the hell are you calling me? Mera number kaisay mila tumheyn?”

“It wasn’t difficult. Maheen Khan would give away a lot of things in exchange for invitations to some private gathering. You know these PR managers all ways looking for such—“