Chapter Two- Papers

Logan tried his best to ignore Baxis by getting his head down in class. He had a test coming up in maths, and he wanted to do good in it. He usually did very good in these tests, but with his final exams just around the corner, he wanted these to be his best. He studied hard, and on the day of the test he felt ready. He wrote his name on the front, then began answering the questions with ease. 

An hour passes and the teacher announced that it was time to hand the test papers in. He quickly stands, placing his down on the desk first with a proud smirk. "Confidant, are we?" He hears the teacher ask. He nods eagerly, turning on his heels and freezing. Right in front of hi, stood Baxis. He had to tilt his head upward slightly to look him in the eye, regretting it immediately. Baxis's eyes were cold, lifeless almost. They usually looked like that, and being that close to him made it much more obvious. Logan shuddered, shouldering past him. Baxis freaked him out. 

When Karlia walked up to him, she had a concerned expression on her face. 

"Hey dude, not to worry you or anything but I swear Baxis did something to your paper at the end of maths class." She mumbled, keeping her voice low. Logan squinted his eyes. 

"He better have not. I worked hella hard on that, what could he even want with my paper anyway?" He ponders, looking to his friend. Karlia shrugged. 

"I don't know, maybe I was just seeing things, but it looked as if he wrote something on your paper after you walked off." Logan frowned, hoping she was wrong. "I doubt it though, why would he do that? He had gotten pretty good scores in every other lesson. From what I've seen he's smart." 

Logan felt more angered by that. "He can't be smart. They look like they're high all the damn time." 

Karlia giggles, nodding her head in agreement. 

"I seriously doubt he would be dumb enough to try and mess with the papers." 

However, the next day when Logan got his results back, he felt his jaw drop. 13% 

He was so sure he'd get at lest 98%. Now he knew Baxis had done something. He flicked through the pages, realising that none of the answers were his at all. He looked to the front page and realised exactly what had happened. Baxis had simply changed their names on the front cover. Clever, in a way. That only pissed him off more. He stormed up to the teacher, showing her the paper and telling her that Baxis and meddled with the papers. She frowned, shaking her head. 

"There's no way. I was here the whole time. Sorry Logan, everyone had bad days. Don't worry too much about it." 

He felt his jaw drop. She actually believed he had that bad of a score. "Miss, you know how hard I've worked-" she raised her hand, shaking her head. Logan groaned, grabbing his paper and storming back over to his seat. He sees Baxis, who had their head down and his eyes firmly locked on the paper below him. He shoot's him a glare, feeling annoying at his weirdness. He would definitely confront him later, if he gained the confidence to.