Chapter Five- Answers

It also made him want to push his buttons more, to see just who this person was. "So what's with the huge gash on your side? What happened?" Baxis seemed to freeze at that, pausing as he reached for the weight on the ground.

"Nothing." he insisted, his accent sounding russian now. Logan wasn't having it however.

"Really? Cuz it looks like you got stabbed or something-" suddenly Baxis rounded on him, raising his fist as if going to punch him. They paused, taking a deep breath then mumbled an apology. Baxis stiffened his shoulders as he hurried out of the gym while clutching their side, leaving Logan standing alone, heart pounding. That was the last thing he saw of Baxis that day.

The Next day in class, Logan's eyes immediately met Baxis'. He was slumped over the desk, and when Logan walked in he looked up, staring at him for a moment before turning away with a frown. Logan looked to Karlia, who was yet to know about the events from the other day. He decided it would be wrong to tell her what he saw, as he understood that whatever was going on was way too personal for just anyone to find out, even if it was his best friend. She gave him a questioning look, then he nodded his head towards Baxis. She made an 'o' shape with her mouth, nodding back with a grin. Logan gingerly pulled out the chair beside Baxis, taking a seat next to him. Baxis straightened his back, looking at him curiously, his intense blue eyes boring into his skull.

"Hello." Logan huffed, leaning back in his chair in an attempt to cover his uncomfortableness.

"What would you like?" Baxis asked, the way he spoke seemed more curious than angry, his accent changing once more.

"Answers." Logan demanded, folding his arms. He looked at them dead in the eye, but this act of confidence made him want to run and hide. Something about Baxis just wasn't right. The strange person huffed, looking towards the front of the class. He seemed to ponder it for a moment, then nodded. "Fine. I will give answers. Find me after school by that train station." they said formally. Logan felt his heart spike with excitement, looking towards Karlia, who had been watching the interaction from afar. He gives her a smile with his thumbs up, and she clasps her hand over her mouth excitedly. The girl next to her asks her what was wrong, then Karlia pointed to Baxis and Logan. The two squealed excitedly and Logan felt utterly embarrassed that she was making such a big deal out of it. He guessed it was because she believed Logan had a crush on Baxis. That just wasn't true. 

Logan tapped his foot anxiously when it came to the last hour of school. He could barely focus as the teacher talked about future exams, his mind rushing with the possibilities of what Baxis would tell him. The bell rang, so he shoved his books into his bag and hurried towards the exit, walking out of the school grounds and towards the train station. There were already a lot of students there, waiting for the train to take them home. He looked around, not seeing Baxis. He frowned, starting to believe he had been stood up. He jumped as someone tapped his shoulder. Baxis. He looked up at the tall person, a shy smile appearing on his face. "Hey." he greeted. Baxis looked past him however, scanning over the people then pulling Logan to the side, away from the groups.

"If i tell you anything, you have to swear you wont tell a soul. Can I trust you?" he interrogated. Logan felt slightly uncomfortable at his tone, his eyes intense as usual. He nodded.

"I won't say anything."

Baxis squinted his eyes, then sighed.

"What do you know about the laser kid experiment?"