Chapter Three- Confidence

At lunch, Logan tells Karlia that he's going to confront Baxis. At first she laughs, then pauses as she realised he was being serious. He wasn't sure what he was going to say, but he sure was going to say something! 

Before the end of lunch he spots Baxis heading toward the rooftops. Logan saw this as the perfect opportunity to confront him. He hurried after him, catching up to him once on the rooftop. Most of the students had already left and began making their way to lesson, but Logan still chose to keep his voice down as he called his name. "Ay, Baxis!" Baxis turns, his freakishly blue eyes focused and wide. Logan gulped, then puffed up his chest. "Did you do something to my test paper?" He tried his best to sound intimidating, but his voice came out quieter than he had intended it to. Baxis' expression turned from curious to defensive in a flash, and it made Logan shrink back slightly at the intensity of the change. 

"What makes you say that?" He snapped, his accent still unreadable but still clearly audible. 

"I saw you." Logan snapped, growing more frustrated. How could he just act like they did nothing?! Logan was never a fighter, but at that moment he considered becoming one. Baxis' gaze changed again to guilt as he huffed. 

"Okay, I suppose I did swap our papers..." he mumbled, looking guilty. Logan wasn't buying his innocence act. 

"Why the hell would you do that!? We have finals soon dude, my future!" He was almost shouting. He couldn't help but raise his voice at the sheer audacity of the weirdo. Baxis raised his hands in defence. 

"You don't understand! I need the grades!" He defended, his tone pleading. 

"What about mine!?" Logan argued, clenching his fists. Baxis frowned, shaking his head. 

"I'm not like you, Logan." 

Logan rolled his eyes, but felt his curiosity spike. "What do you mean?" 

Baxis pursed his lips, his eyes darting around anxiously. He shakes his head, pushing past Logan to walk away. 

"Hey! I'm not done!" He yelped after him, but when he turned around Baxis was gone. He groaned. However, in the back of his mind he couldn't get the image of how fearful he looked. Like he really was in trouble. Logan frowned, not wanting to sympathise with someone who was literally using his grades for whatever purpose. 

When he told Karlia about it she was furious, threatening to beat Baxis if needed. Although Logan appreciated her enthusiasm, he knew her 5'2 self stood no chance against Baxis who was at least 6' or more.