Two weeks of fun

Mia hugged her mother good bye as she saw the car full of her friends pulling up at her doorstep, the weather in Italy wasn't ideal but she hoped that as soon as they landed in Monaco the sun would start shining on them crowning the perfect start to their perfect vacation.
She took the key of the house they would be staying in from her hands when a lonely tear crossed her mother's cheek.
"honey?"- her mother asked
"yeah?" - she answered with anticipation -
"will you be alright? I know you're twenty but I can't help thinking that calling the Leclercs would be nice you've not seen those guys for years and you know they consider you family, Pascale always wonders when you'll be back in Monaco"- "
mom..." she trailed off- I don't want this to be a trip down memory lane and I feel like if I told them I'd be coming then this brake would most certainly become one-. It was true, the girl had kept in touch with them since her father's passing but as the years kept going she found that going back to Monaco for Christmas or the summer holidays was becoming harder and harder, and , as her memories with her father faded so did her bond with the city and the leclercs.

Besides she was sure that Charles would be somewhere around the world racing and Arthur ( the one she held dearest to her heart due to their little age gap) would be traveling with his brother.
When she was a kid Mia used to love going to the leclercs, she and her father would always go there during his summer or winter breaks and they would all eat together while they all cought up with one another. They were basically her second family, her parents had her when they were very young, and, as a consequence her mother cut off all relationships with her family while her father the driver Jules Bianchi remained very attached to his making her grandparents the only family she considered to be of blood.
Snapping from her trail of thoughts Mia hugged her mother one last time before opening the car door and greeting her three best friends: Eloise, Gemma and Maddie who were so very excited for this, even more than the girl was. -we're gonna have the best trip of our life!- chanted Maddie as soon as Mia buckled up her seatbelt -totally- answered Gemma, Eloise being the driver was concentrating on the road to the airport while the three other girls started to sing along the Spotify playlist that they had specifically prepared for this roadtrip.

All in all Mia was feeling good about this, sure, she was a bit frightened about the potential emotional damage, but she thought that she really needed a little holiday, university was stressful and she had to make good use of the two weeks brake from it.
besides she hadn't stepped foot in Monaco for years and it seemed like the house where she had lived for the first few years of her life was feeling lonely.

a.n. The first chapter is out!! Just a warning, I'm gonna try to update as soon as possible but I'm busy with school so the updates may be delayed a bit, anyways I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter I'm really excited to share what's to come