Chapter 14

Slowly other Stark's approached Eddard, they found him standing in contemplation before the ancient weirwood tree. They had just learned of Jon's departure, and each of them carried their own mix of worry and disappointment about Jon's actions. Catelyn, with a furrowed brow, gently addressed Eddard, seeking some clarity in the midst of their confusion.

"Ned?" she called out softly, her voice laced with concern. Eddard turned to face them, his expression heavy with sorrow. "He wished to be a free-willed wolf, so let him have that," he replied solemnly before walking away, leaving behind a sense of unresolved tension.

Catelyn's troubled expression mirrored the concern in the eyes of her children. Sansa, trying to make sense of the situation, approached her mother, while Robb's troubled thoughts clouded his expression. Arya, fueled by her determination to understand Jon's departure, hurried after Eddard, hoping to glean some insight from him, even if he seemed unwilling to share.
-------------------
Perched atop the cliffs overlooking the Bay of Ice, Xerneas contemplated the vast frozen sea before him. Crossing it wasn't his preferred mode of travel, but he knew it was necessary. Considering his options, he pondered summoning a colossal creature to carry him across without exerting too much of his power. With a determined gaze, he then shifted his focus beyond the narrow sea.

In the ancient city of Volantis, the eldest among the Free Cities and considered the first daughter of the Valyrian Freehold, an unusual event unfolded. It was more of a dream, a dragon dream, and it occurred within the Black Walls of eastern Volantis. This area housed a labyrinth of palaces, courtyards, towers, temples, cloisters, bridges, and cellars, and it was reserved for the Old Blood — the unbroken descent of Old Valyria.

One night, the people of Volantis experienced a shared dream in a grand open temple. The temple was surrounded by 14 pillars, each intricately carved to resemble a dragon, representing the 14 Valyrian Gods. The Valyrian descendants looked around with curiosity, sensing that this might be the dragon dreams spoken of in ancient books — a blessing bestowed upon the ancient Valyrians by the goddess Tessarion, the goddess of prophecy.

Suddenly, the pillars began to shake, prompting everyone to retreat. However, to their astonishment, they found themselves floating away from the ground. In the place of the colossal pillars, majestic dragons emerged with mighty roars. The sheer size of these dragons made the noble people of Volantis feel insignificant, like ants in the presence of gods. Many began to exclaim and worship in Valyrian tongue, believing these dragons to be gods. Yet, a few observant individuals noticed that the dragons were gazing at a specific location, prompting them to look in the same direction.

In the midst of their confusion, the people of Volantis strained to see what had captured the attention of the majestic dragons. Through the dissipating mist, a mountain cliff emerged in their vision. As the mist cleared, a breathtaking sight greeted them: a quadrupedal creature resembling a stag, its coat a blend of blue and black hues. Along its back, shimmering multicolored spots illuminated the air. The creature's most striking feature was its long, gleaming antlers, adorned with vibrant colors resembling the roots of a tree. Its hooves, lined with yellow, pointed toward the ground, while a lengthy tail swayed behind it.

In the gleam of its eyes, they saw the unmistakable shape of the letter "X." Bewildered by this extraordinary sight, adding to the mystery surrounding its presence. Suddenly, Xerneas began to radiate with an ethereal glow, dazzling all who beheld its brilliance, leaving them momentarily blinded by its splendor.

The blinding brilliance of Xerneas began to soften, allowing the awestruck residents of Volantis to see the majestic creature once again. The ethereal fairy aura, dancing around in the air, added to the enchantment of the moment, capturing the attention of everyone present. It was only then that they realized the dragons, revered as divine entities, were bowing in deference to this beautiful being.

To their surprise, they saw a child near Xerneas, laughing and gazing around with innocent joy. The child, with dark brown hair and grey eyes, intrigued them all. Questions filled their minds—questions that mirrored the collective thought: "Why?" Suddenly, the scene shifted to a throne room, where a young man sat with a mark resembling a tree on his forehead, akin to the child they had just seen. Some were confused, others surprised, but none noticed the people kneeling around them—until they realized they themselves were among them.

As they knelt, their minds echoed with questions. They looked to the young man, realizing their shared dream's significance. Once more, the vision shifted, revealing the same young man leading a host of dragons, astride the mightiest among them, wielding a Valyrian sword that gleamed brighter than anything they had ever seen. And then, the vision ended, leaving them to ponder its profound meaning.
-----------------------------
In the same night, the sword, long lost and concealed by the Golden Company in Volantis, was stolen without a trace. Rats, acting on the orders of Xerneas, carried out their task diligently, struggling to push the sword to the shore where the sea awaited. With great effort, they managed to hurl it into the depths, where it was whisked away by the currents, guided by a stream of fish towards the heart of the sea.

As the sword journeyed deeper, it was swallowed by a colossal fish, disappearing into the depths as it made its way towards Westeros.