Chapter 25

Ravens flew through the sky above hundreds of ships, which docked closer to Hardhome's natural harbor, deep enough for large vessels, while most of them remained in the sea. Only a few men dotted the shore, while the majority stayed aboard the ships. Brynden, witnessing the ships through the vision of a raven using his warg magic, couldn't help but smile, seeing it as a part of the divine plan for Jon. Jon, Aemon, along with the giants and chieftains of wildling clans, remained curious.

Soon, Brynden opened his eyes and addressed Jon with a smile. "Your Grace, there is someone waiting for you on the shore."

Jon, filled with confusion, asked, "Waiting for me?"

Brynden didn't press further, simply nodding. Without hesitation, Jon decided to move forward, unwilling to show any hesitation. Brynden followed, along with the others. As they reached the area where the great cliff loomed above the settlement, pocked with cave mouths, everyone, including Jon, widened their eyes in astonishment at the multitude of ships gathered in the sea. No one could count their number.

Jon looked at Brynden with wide eyes, questioning why he hadn't mentioned this beforehand to prevent such surprise. Brynden only smiled, anticipating such a reaction.

Not wanting to appear too surprised, Jon controlled his facial expression as he walked toward the gathering in the distance near the shore. They held a banner adorned with a blue rose, and Brynden followed along, holding Dark Sister sword close to him. As Jon got closer, he noticed their eyes tracing every detail, as if trying to etch his features into their memory or identify the person they were seeking. The way they looked at him gave Jon a somewhat eerie feeling.

When they saw the mark of the tree on Jon's forehead, they immediately went down on their knees. These were people who had left the North because their king had kneeled to the Targaryens, and now they were kneeling to a boy who was both a Northerner and a Targaryen. Jon remained at a respectful distance from them. Then, one who appeared to be their leader spoke loudly, "Humble servants meet the holy son." Jon was left speechless, unaware of how much Xerneas had tormented these men with visions to make them his puppets, tools for Jon to use. They all stared at Jon with fanatical eyes, giving him a creepy feeling, and the urge to move away from them surged within him, but he hesitated.

Then, Jon heard the voice of Xerneas in his head, "Leave for Volantis, my champion." Like always, Jon looked around, hoping to see Xerneas again.

But Xerneas was nowhere around, much to Jon's disappointment. As Xerneas returned to the North, he continued walking forward, accompanied by the remaining direwolves. Since Xerneas had left his mark on Jon, there was no need for him to physically accompany Jon on his journey. With Xerneas's blessing, Jon should be safe. However, the remaining Starks were not free from their fate, and Xerneas had already decided to let them survive the impending disaster that would befall their family.

In King's Landing, Robert was no longer the former whore king but a changed man. He had lost interest in drinking, whoring, and hunting, instead focusing on preparing for another war that seemed to haunt him every night. This 360-degree change in demeanor and behavior terrified everyone in the small council. His short temper had grown stronger, and he showed a newfound interest in ruling his kingdom, which was more like preparing for war.

The only person genuinely glad at Robert's change was also terrified because he believed this change had something to do with the vision involving Jon. All he could hope for was that nothing terrible would happen, as he feared the worst.

However, those changes were short-lived, especially after Eddard started investigating the death of Jon Arryn. This investigation led Ned to read a book that Jon had perused, detailing Westerosi lineages, including descriptions of all people born into noble families. Ned also took note of Robert's various bastards in Kings Landing. Putting all the pieces together, considering the bastards' clear Baratheon features, Arya pointing out Joffrey's Lannister features, and the descriptions in the book emphasizing the unmistakable Baratheon traits of hair and eye color, Ned realized there was no way the children could be Robert's.

Hesitant to inform Robert and potentially hurt the innocent children, Ned decided to talk to Cersei first, hoping to protect the children from Robert's likely wrath. This decision, however, led to Cersei poisoning Robert before he could uncover her secrets. Cersei cunningly joined him in drinking, ensuring his demise. To further conceal her actions, she captured Eddard and imprisoned him, seeking help from Jaime.

Despite the vision causing a butterfly effect, Robert failed to escape his fate. The secrets hidden within the confines of Kings Landing were exposed, laying the foundation for the War of the Five Kings.

[

Dear readers, initially, I contemplated going on hiatus until my new fiction reached 50 chapters. However, I've decided to continue both projects simultaneously rather than going on hiatus. If you desire another chapter, kindly grant at least 100 rating as a devotion to Xerneas. If you don't have patience, there is a Patreon where you can access more than 25 chapters. Starting today, this fiction will continue. Take care.

Link:patreon.com/AmouxCreationX

]