Chapter 17

In faraway lands, people of all walks of life found themselves tangled in strange dreams. These dreams showed a prince holding a fiery sword, with powerful dragons by his side. They whispered of a prophecy, of a child meant to save the realm from darkness. And in the echoes of these dreams, a message repeated: "He waits for you."

Scholars, traders, knights, mercenaries, and slaves alike shared in these surreal visions. Though their lives were different, the dream was the same—a prince calling to them from a distance. Some thought it was just a dream, but others who been not stranger to dreams felt a pull toward the unknown. Yet, the dream persisted, coming back night after night, urging them to listen.

In the midst of the prophecy whispers, nobody could figure out who this mysterious prince was, except for his link to the throne made of swords. All they saw were bits and pieces: a person holding a special Valyrian sword, with powerful dragons around him. They were sure about his appearance—dark brown hair, grey eyes, and a strange tree-shaped mark on his forehead. But beyond that, his real identity remained a mystery, leaving those who dreamt of him searching for answers they couldn't quite grasp.

-----------------------

Beyond the Wall, Xerneas rushed forward with incredible speed towards the eerie forest, gliding through the air like it was solid ground. At first, Jon felt terrified by the dizzying height and speed, but his cries went unheard as Xerneas kept going. Thankfully, Xerneas had put a protective shield around Jon, keeping him safe from the strong winds. But the speed was so intense that Jon kept slipping in and out of consciousness.

Whether there were giants or wildlings below, no one noticed Xerneas passing overhead, its presence escaping their attention in the dim light. Soon, Xerneas reached the vicinity of the abode of the three-eyed raven. Jon, floating near Xerneas, descended to the ground as Xerneas set foot on the land again. Jon, willingly surrendering to sleep due to both the speed of Xerneas in the air and his own exhaustion, was unceremoniously dropped into the snow without any prior warning, much to Xerneas's slight annoyance. Confused, Jon spat out snow as he tried to stand, looking at Xerneas, who gazed towards a cave where an old weirwood tree stood above, now adorned with golden leaves, reminiscent of Winterfell.

Jon followed Xerneas's gaze toward the cave, expecting some movement or words from the majestic creature. However, nothing happened, prompting Jon to take the lead. As he stepped forward, his legs suddenly seized by wights emerging from the snow. More wights began to emerge, surrounding him. Xerneas intended to startle Jon with the wights' capabilities. Terrified, Jon tried to kick away the wights gripping his legs, but they only tightened their grasp. Another wight charged towards him, wielding a knife aimed at his heart. In his fear, Jon forgot his own capabilities and the presence of Xerneas.

In the next moment, the approaching wights found themselves restrained by hundreds of vines sprouting from the ground. Jon felt the grip of the wights loosen as their strength waned. He glanced up to see Xerneas looming over him. With a simple command, Xerneas used its grass knot move and fairy aura to obliterate the wights. It was clear that dealing with such puny undead required nothing more than Xerneas's innate power.

Jon felt embarrassed in front of Xerneas, realizing that for a moment, he had forgotten he was in the presence of a god and had acted foolishly. Xerneas didn't pay attention to Jon's thoughts; instead, it focused on the cave, awaiting the Children of the Forest to welcome his presence. Soon, the Children of the Forest emerged from the cave, their arms and legs shaking with fear as they faced Xerneas. Xerneas had expected this reaction and continued to emanate its soothing fairy aura, hoping to alleviate their fear, if only a little.

Without delay, they knelt before Xerneas, their eyes filled with tears and their expressions pleading. Xerneas delved into their thoughts, sensing their confusion and remorse for their past actions. Understanding their plight, Xerneas couldn't blame them; humans could be more terrible than any other existence, and the Children of the Forest were among the victims, forced into forbidden deeds to preserve their lives.

Finally, Xerneas spoke, its voice carrying weight and compassion, "I cannot forget..." Leaf began to plead for her kin, blaming herself, but before she could continue, Xerneas interjected, "but I can forgive you." A silence fell over them, heavy with emotion, before Xerneas gently commanded, "Raise your heads, my children." They obeyed, looking up at Xerneas with watery eyes, unable to fully express their relief and gratitude.

Jon, an observer in the unfolding drama between a God and the Children of the Forest, listened attentively. He had only heard about the Children of the Forest in tales, and now he silently watched, trying to etch their images into his memory. With each passing moment, he grew more intrigued by these beings and sought to understand the differences between them and humans.

As the Children of the Forest conversed in their language, their attention shifted towards Jon. Feeling their inquiry, Jon looked at Xerneas, who remained focused on the Children. Taking the cue, Jon introduced himself, "Jon... Aegon Targaryen," as he presumed they were asking for his name.

Xerneas smiled inwardly, observing Jon's expression shift from Jon to Aegon as he introduced himself. Xerneas couldn't blame him; after all, Jon had lived most of his life as a bastard.

Turning his attention back to the cave, Xerneas called out, "Brynden Rivers," summoning the attention of the greenseer.

Emerging from the cave, a young man appeared, clad in tattered clothes. His milk-white skin contrasted with his long white hair and piercing red eyes. A red winestain birthmark adorned the right side of his face, stretching from his throat to his right cheek. His eyes mirrored his disbelief at the unfolding events.

[

Fellow readers, as you have all requested, chapters will be bigger compared to before. I hope everyone is content with this change. And for the latest update, there might be a chance that the story will be focus on the Aura trio. If you're curious to learn more, please check out my Patreon, where you can access more chapters. Take care.

Link: patreon.com/AmouxCreationX

]