New Beginning

"Y-Yeah, you c-can a-apologize to y-your m-mate, but w-when th-that said m-mate i-is me, y-you sh-shouldn't," I said and immediately looked away.

What was wrong with me? I had gotten way too open with a total stranger! I didn't even know his name, yet, I felt like myself around him. It was very weird.

"Ok ok, wait. We are really getting off topic here," he said, snapping me back to reality, "All I wanna know is what did you mean by 'finally free'?"

My hands trembled as I thought about my life before this. I just possibly couldn't tell him about my life. He would really hate me.

"N-Nothing," I said simply and turned around, ready to leave when he grabbed me by the arm, sparking some old memories to surface.

I snatched my arm back and faced him completely with my eyes shifting everywhere, to his every body part which made even the slightest movement.

He scrunched up his face and tilted his head to the side.

"What's wrong, mate?" that seemed to snap me out of my daze as I shifted and started running away from him.

'What the hell are you doing, Iz?! Just talk to him like a normal person!' she screamed at me as she felt the distance between us and mate increase.

She was getting restless. She wanted to be with him but we couldn't.

'Don't you understand, Liz? I am NOT a normal person! I am far from it actually,' I said as my heart clenched.

I never stopped or looked back and focused on the passing surroundings. The branches of trees cut my skin open but I promptly ignored it.

After a few moments of running, I felt the distance decreasing between mate and me as he came beside us in wolf form.

His eyes glowed in anger and frustration and I was forced to look away.

He just kept running beside me and soon enough, I felt tired and had slowed down, automatically getting caught.

His wolf was huge as he came towards me when I stopped and he went behind me. He walked over me and sat on top of me, forcing me to sit.

After a while, he stood up and went behind a bush while I went behind the other one. I reluctantly shifted back and put on some clothes before coming back out.

I stood there with my head hanging low and my cheeks pink as I waited for him to speak.

"Why do you keep running, mate?" he said with a little force this time and I gulped. Wind swept past us and I shivered as I tried to form a coherent sentence.

"I-I th-thought I t-told y-you already...?" I whispered out and bit my bottom lip while I think he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Was he disappointed? Or was he just annoyed that he couldn't take me home and throw me in a cell? It was probably the latter.

"We will talk when we get back. Just come with me and I will take you to your aunt after we talk this out," he sighed and I felt a spark of anger inside.

Did he seriously think that I would just go with him?! Just like that? Did he know how much I struggled to be free?! And now that I was, I wasn't going to trust anyone that easily.

"No," I said with force but it came out rather weak and crossed my arms across my chest.

He could do all he wanted but I wasn't gonna go with him on my own. Ok, maybe not all he wanted.

"You are being rather difficult, mate. Just come with me and I will give you whatever yo-," he said before his phone rang. He made a face but picked it up nonetheless.