Another Adventure

"Here," aunt Karen said as she handed me my bag. As she let go of the bag, it almost fell. I had to use so much energy just to hold it.

"Th-Thank you," I said with a smile and she smiled back. My shoulders eased up and a little bit of the stress and nervousness left my body.

"Your welcome, darling. Now, remember to call me once you get there and don't forget to eat complete meals. Oh, and not to mention-" aunt Karen said but Leah placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Mom, stop it. She must have all this memorized by now," Leah came to my rescue and I smiled at the both of them.

"Good. She shouldn't forget it," aunt Karen said, her eyebrows coming together. She scratched her nails from the place where the nail paint was chipped.

"She won't, so just chill out, ok?" Leah said with a roll of her eyes and sniffled.

"Ben?! What's taking you so long?!" Leah said as her mouth turned into a frown.

"D-Don't rush him," I whispered to her and both aunt Karen and Leah chuckled.

I looked inside the little cottage and saw Ben coming out with a box. I smiled when I saw it and took it from him once he reached the door.

I hugged all of them one by one and when I was done, I smiled with tears in my eyes.

If I ever saw them again, I would be so lucky. I didn't think that I would survive from my 'mate' crisis. I didn't want to get locked up again but I knew I had to take this step, so here I go.

"Bye," Leah said with a small, reassuring smile and aunt Karen hugged me again while Ben just stood there, staring at me.

"B-Bye. See you g-guys later," if I survived. I waved and started walking backwards.

When I was almost into the woods, I turned around and sighed. So, this was it. I hoped not.

'Stop being a baby about this situation, Iz! Our mate is amazing and he won't do anything to us, just trust me on this,' Liz said with an exaggerated sigh.

'I am trying my best, Liz. See, I am out here, trying to find him, aren't I?' I said as I looked around, sniffing every place I could.

'I have no idea where we have to go,' I said and Liz smirked at me which weirded me out.

'Let's shift and I will guide you,' she said. I listened to her but still...

'How in the world of pancakes do YOU know where to go and I don't?!' I asked as I took my clothes off and shifted.

All of my senses hightened and I looked around the woods. As far as my eyes could see, the ground was covered in trees with tall grass.

All I could smell were some not-so-harmful wild animals and greenery. A whole lot of greenery.

I heard a frog's ribbits in the distance. There were probably 3 of them in that direction. Anyway, back to the problem at hand.

'Where to, Liz?' I said, standing with my ears up and my eyes darting at every sound.

'To our ex-pack house.'

That was a surprise. I didn't understand why, but I didn't question her and let her do her thing. She was the expert in these things.

***

We were sitting with our head on our paws, dosing off with cool air making our fur dance. The smell of the greenery around us made us even sleepier.

We watched as the rays of the sun reflected off of the surface of the lake, making it shimmer. This was such a beautiful scenery, I wish I wasn't alone here.