Sugar-Coated Words

I had blushed so much that I was used to the feeling by the time we had eaten and were almost to his packhouse.

Ok, I was lying. I could never get used to that.

"So, are you having fun so far?" Ethan said all of a sudden and I almost flinched. I looked at him for a moment to gauge his reaction.

"Y-Yes! Y-Yes, I a-am," I replied, my eyes wide and just staring at him as he kept his eyes on the road ahead.

"Glad to hear that," he said as he looked at me with the warmest smile I had ever seen. Seriously, how did I get so lucky?

I looked away before I did something embarrassing and cleared my throat.

We were almost there, if the scenery was something to go by. This place wasn't familiar at all as he drove by several houses and shops.

It was very different from my last pack and the territory was much larger. As I looked farther away, I saw buildings and buildings, stretching as far as my eyes could see.

Well, it was not that surprising since the person who owned this all was supposed to help my ex-pack rank up, but, with larger territory, came an even scarier Alpha.

I really hoped that Ethan's Alpha was as nice as him. Goodness, it felt so weird to call him Ethan, even in thoughts.

We passed by countless of shops and houses which baffled me. We had to drive for a good 15 minutes to reach town and another 15 to find a decent shop back at my aunt's, but here, the shops were a minute walk from the houses.

Very practical, I liked it.

Ethan stopped the car in front of a MANSION! That must be the packhouse, but it was WAY too big.

'Holy pancakes, Liz! Are you seeing this?!'

'Y-Ye, Yeah, I am,' she was gaping at the mansion from my eyes.

"Come on, Izzy, let's get you settled in," Ethan said and I was forced to look away from the magnificent piece of architecture standing in front of me.

"R-R-Right, of course," I replied in a daze and walked behind him into the huge castle of a packhouse.

The door was normal, thank god, but what met me on the other side was like a fairytale interior.

'Look at all those decorations and stuff, do you think their cells would be as nice? Probably not,' I said in a daze as I admired the countless paintings adorning the wall beside the staircase.

My eyes wandered to the left side of the stairs and I saw a hallway which led to what I could tell from here was a very luxurious kitchen.

Near that door, was another door which led to god knows where.

My eyes found their way to the other side, ignoring the two people talking about something right in front of me.

There was a passage way which led to whatever. I don't know.

My eyes refused to stop wandering and travelled to the ceiling where I knew would be chandelier. It looked like it was made of yellow ice.

Although a chandelier wasn't really needed here but it served as a nice decoration and gave the interior that elegant touch.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and my eyes reluctantly found the eyes of the culprit. It was Ethan.

"Sorry," I said before he could utter a single word and looked down.

'What the pancakes! This carpet looks very expensive, yet, here I am, dirtying it,'

'Shut up, Iz, and listen to what mate is saying!'