Chapter #11

35 years ago...

The midst of summer, bird flying around while leaves swayed in the summer breeze. In a certain house, in a certain room stood a girl in front of her canvas. Her brush swayed on the surface making different strokes of beautiful colors. Her hair tied in a messy bun, her fair skin glowing in the bright sunlight, her eyes held mischief and a piece of innocence everyone dreamt of. Her life was perfect, she had two brothers who recently got married. Her father, a respectable businessman, the founder of Rajput Mills.

"Rubaisha!" Called Asiya Rajput
"Coming!" Rubaisha Rajput replied

Rubaisha Rajput, the only daughter of Razaaq Rajput and Alina Rajput

Rubaisha Rajput, the only daughter of Razaaq Rajput and Alina Rajput. They had three children, Asghar Rajput, Umer Rajput and Rubaisha Rajput.

"Aapnay bulaya?" She asked
(You called?)
"Rubi beta, tumharay chacho aarahay hain" Alina Rajput said
(Rubi dear, your uncle is coming)

Nodding her head, she turned towards her the main door. Her father and brothers entered along with her uncle and his family. Her uncle, Amjad Rajput worked under his older brother. He was married to Yameen Sheikh and they gave birth to two beautiful girls, Aliya Rajput and Yasmeen Rajput. Both of them were twins but non identical twins. Just like their faces, both of them were completely opposite. Aliya Rajput, the older twin was calm, composed, introvert, kind, loving and respecting where as Yasmeen Rajput was rude, extrovert, disrespecting and jealous. These were the traits they got from their parents.

"Asalam O Alikum" Rubaisha greeted

Yameen and Yasmeen just rolled their eyes while Amjad Rajput hugged his niece. Aliya Rajput hugged her after her father stepped back. After greeting eachother, everyone settled down in the lounge.

"Bhai sahab, aik khush khabri hai" Amjad Rajput spoke
(Brother, I have a good news)
"Chalo, batao humein bhi" Razzaq Rajput said
(Come on, now share it with us)
"Aliya ki baat paki ho gaye hai Arshad Ali Khan k saath" Yameen Rajput spoke with pride
(Aliya got engaged with Arshad Ali Khan)

Loud squeals and hooting erupted the lounge. Happiness was evident on the faces of every member. Rubaisha and Yasmeen were teasing Aliya who was a blushing mess.

"Arey! Aap sab toh aisa baithay huay hain! Bara damaad hai ghar ka! Unnko dawat pay bulaye! Aur Rubi beta, aap zara kuch meetha bana lo abhi! Sab ka monh meetha karna hai!" Alina Rajput said
(Hey! You guys are sitting as if nothing happened! He is the eldest son in law of the family! Invite them for a meal! And Rubi dear, make some sweet for this occasion)

Smiling, Rubaisha nodded and moved towards the kitchen. She searched the ingredients and listed which were missing. She walked towards Umer Rajput who understood her intentions. Without uttering a word, he forwarded his hands to receive a long list of ingredients. He went through the list and looked upto his sister who was waiting for an answer to which he smiled. Nodding his head, he left. She also got to know about the arrival of the guests. Soon enough, everyone got busy in the preparation.

On the other hand, Arshad Ali Khan was continuously teased by his brothers.

"Acha bas! Bhabi ko acha nahi lagay ga agar humara bhai aisay nazarien churaye ga, kyun Arshad sahi keh raha hon na?" Asked a charming men in his deep attractive voice
(Ok enough! Our sister in law will not like it of our brother will avoid eye contact, am I right Arshad?)
"Shariq bhai mera time bhi aaye ga" replied Arshad Ali Khan
(Brother Shariq, my time will come)

That man was none other then Shariq Ali Khan, the third eldest and the only one with no partner in his life.

Everyone started retreating towards their room

Everyone started retreating towards their room. They started getting ready as for the sudden invitation for the dinner. Shariq was getting ready while smiling not knowing the about upcoming storm which shake his entire existence.