1 || The wedding

ना रस्ता मालूम ना तेरा नाम पता मालूम
कैसे मेरे प्यार ने तुझको ढूँढा क्या मालूम
सीधी तेरे पास
मैं अँखियाँ मीचे-मीचेगयी..

Author's POV.

"Trust me babuji, the man is good."

She was hearing faded noise from her parents' room where her brother and her parents were sitting and discussing about her marriage.

Her marriage.

She knew it was going to happen so as she had attained the age of 18, two years ago itself. Her family was being slightly grateful to her because they wanted a good suitor for her, this was the only reason she was still unmarried.

All her friends, were married off at the age of 17 or 18.

And she was 20.

The only desire she had was to marry off a good man, who'll take care of her, like his brother takes care of his wife, her bhabhi.

There chemistry is something else.

She had seen her brother many times around her bhabhi, acting differently, nice, loving, which she never saw between her mother and father.

Only thing she knew was, after marriage, her womb will be filled with a child, giving her a big baby bump.

" Larka toh acha hai, humne bhi suna hai. Lekin maa-baap nahi hai uske shayad."

"The man is good, I've heard of him, but I think his mother and father are no more."

She heard her father's voice.

Her heart was beating fastly hearing about her future husband.

"He has a mother, she remains ill, as of I've heard. That's why they want to marry their son as soon as possible."

Her brother spoke.

"Tarapur village is also wealthy, infact the family is very wealthy too. Priya will be queen there, afterall she'll be the eldest daughter-in-law."

Her mother spoke in a low voice.

"Yes, babuji. We'll miss this great chance if we ignore this boy," her brother muttered again.

"Fine. Send the proposal to them. If they agree, we will marry off Priya within this week itself."

She quivered.

This week?

It was clearly very fast for her.

She knew that she'll not get to see her husband's face before their marriage.

She walked towards her room, thinking about how her husband would be like.

Will he love her?