19 || Priya is caught up

जीने के लिए सोचा ही नहीं
दर्द संभालने होंगे
जीने के लिए सोचा ही नहीं
दर्द संभालने होंगे
मुस्कुराये तो मुस्कुराने के
क़र्ज़ उतारने होंगे
मुस्कुराऊं कभी तो लगता है
जैसे होंठों पे क़र्ज़ रखा है
तुझसे नाराज़ नहीं ज़िन्दगी
हैरान हूँ मैं

Author's POV.

A week and two days passed by since she had heard the news of her pregnancy.

Priya was taking utmost care of herself. Abhisar has already sent letter to his brother but there was no reply from the other side. Not a word.

She was waiting for his reply. But also knew that her husband must be busy.

Abhisar was tensed too from a few days, she had noticed it. She has even asked him, but he wasn't ready to tell her. She understood that he didn't wanted to tense her.

She was sitting in the Aangan when she felt something unknown people coming inside the room. She thought maybe they were people from the village, as always.

She stood up to welcome them. But a man infront of her spoke nervously,

"Badi Bahu, badi bahu- Chote sahab ko koi maar Raha hai bahar."

She panicked, and without thinking twice, started walking outside, along with them.

She followed them behind, bare footed.

Her eyes welling on the thought of someone hitting her brother-in-law. How would he be? Her heart was racing so fast.

She walked, walked and walked, but didn't spot Abhisar around. When she turned back to look at people, they were glaring at her, with evil eyes.

She understood that something was surely wrong. Atleast she knows how people can act, and catch them by their eyes.

She backed off, against a tree,

"Jhuth bola humse?".

They laughed. Laughed dangerously, stepping closer to them.

The only thing that she wanted was to keep herself, her brother-in-law and her child safe, at any fucking cost.

"Tera pati aur devar bahut udd Raha tha.. soche tujhe hi udda de," he trapped her between his hands, "kya bolti hai?".

Everyone laughed around her while she was planning ways to run away.

When she found people busy in gossips and laughing, she pushed the man and tried to run away from there, but the dangerous man, caught her by her hairs and gripped it tightly, pulling her back.

"Sali, hum bhi toh chakhe jise Abhigyanwa sala Roz chakhta hai."

Her tears fell down, more and more as the man grabbed her hand and folded it back roughly.

He tried to kiss her, but she pushed him by her leg.

He rubbed his cheek against her neck, and she felt disgusted, crying more.

He was about to lick her, when they heard a hoarse deep voice and the men stepped back,

"Chhuna nahi hai bey, utha ke gaon le Jana tha bas."

Her gazes were lowered, silently praying God to save her child from these disgusting men.

She heard his footsteps and saw his feet infront of her.

He held her chin up and she closed her eyes tightly.

His voice disgusting,

"Sundar toh hai sali, ab samajh aaya dono Bhai kahe jaan chirakhta hai laundiya pe."

People around her laughed after listening him.

He came dangerously close and spoke against her lips,

"Sune hai pet se ho."

Her eyes opened in shock. Wide. How does he know? Abhisar had especially told the only woman who knew, not to inform anyone else. Neither did she herself informed anyone. Then how?

Where is Abhigyan?

Where the hell is he?

Please save me and my child.

She kept on praying.

"Chup chaap humare gaon chalo humare sath-- ijjat ke sath, warna ijjat utaarne me der nahi lagegi Hume!".

He gripped her hair, roughly,

"Haa ya Naa?".

She didn't wanted to. But for the sake of her child, she did. She nodded.

He stepped back and asked her to follow him.

They made her sit on a cart after covering her face by the veil. And what seemed like endless journey, they took her with them to some unknown place.

***

Three days passed. She was in captive of unknown people. On unknown land. She had only ate some fruits in the past 48-hours, enough for her to keep alive, but not enough for her kid.

She was somehow surviving.

She didn't knew what was going around. There was utter darkness around her. No ray of sunlight. She just used to cry. Cry and cry.

Missing her husband. Calling him for help, shouting his name in that dark place, but no one came.

It was getting tough for her to breathe.

So tough.

She hadn't heard the voice of anyone in past two days.

She needed an escape, which she wasn't getting.

And ultimately, she fainted again. Again. Again. Into oblivion and more darkness.

***
She heard voices around her.

Faded voices.

Someone rubbing her palm continuously.

"Bhabhi.."

"Bhabhi uthiye."

"Bhabhi".

And she opened her eyes slowly. The surrounding very known to her.

And she saw the faded image of Abhisar. Sitting beside her on the bed. Rubbing her palm.

She felt something unknown.

Empty.

She tried to sit up slowly, but wasn't able to. But still she tried again. Again. Abhisar stopped her, but she wasn't feeling to rest. She wanted to know what was happening around. She wanted to know whether she was safe or not. She wanted to know whether her husband was here or not.

She asked in a low tone, her throat dry,

"Abhi-Abhigyan?".

Abhisar shook his head momentarily, his gazes low.

And the next,

Black dots appeared in front of her eyes.

And,

She fainted again.