Chapter Six

Alyssa

I never believed in curses, except the ones I read in fantasy books and the numerous bad luck that came from the universe.

But as I took a step backward, It made me realize that maybe, just maybe I'd been cursed somehow. Cursed to always bump into someone or something and lose my glasses.

The rest of my thoughts shriveled up as I slipped on  something, my ankle twisting to the right. With a loud yelp, I fell to the ground, my butt coming in contact with the cold hard ground.  I patted around the ground for my glasses but it was no use.

This was a bad time to lose it. With the guys from behind and whoever it was looming just above me, I was basically toast.

Why did I have to be cursed with my bad eyesight? Why couldn't I see a pin drop in the distance like my mates could? Why?...

I gulped as the sound of a twig breaking reached my ears. It came from in front of me, no doubt and as the looming shadow came closer, I scooted backwards.

It went on like that for a while and the more I moved back, the more fear seeped into my bones through the pavement.

I yelped as strong hands curled around my arm, stopping me from going any further. I kicked my feet in the air, hoping I'd land one blow at the guy,but it was next to impossible. Without my glasses, I was basically hitting thin air.

"Stay still!" And I did. Not because I was frightened, but because I recognized the voice. Or I thought I did. "What is wrong with you?"

The response I planned on giving shriveled on my tongue as someone's palms pressed down on both sides of my cheek. It was a guy, his rough and slightly calloused hands gave it away. Before I could say anything else, something else pressed onto my face and only when I'd closed my eyes and opened them again, did I realize I had my glasses back on.

"What …Cameron?" I locked eyes with the man in front of me. He looked bored, his green eyes giving away not one emotion. I drank him in, the curve of his nose, and the way his lips turned into a frown.
"What are you doing here?!"

"Saving your ass, apparently." He snapped and that was all it took for me to come back to my senses. Before I could react, he was already on his feet, leaving me on my spot on the ground. "Get up."

"Couldn't you have helped?" I groaned, standing straight. "I could have hurt myself you know."

"You're late." He quipped. "I said eleven o'clock. This is almost midnight."

"It's not…."

"Why don't you ever listen?" My mouth clamped shut as he cut in. "I asked you to…."

"You could have at least asked why I was late!" It was my turn to interrupt him. I had no idea what had gotten into me, but I wasn't going to let him talk me down. Not tonight. Not after everything I'd been through. "I was attacked. Barely. I barely made it out of there just to run into you over here. Didn't you wonder why I bumped into you?"

"I don't need to." He scoffed. I could literally smell his arrogance all the way here and it was not pleasant. "You're always bumping into someone. Always bumping into me."

"Whatever." I mumbled, hoping Cameron wouldn't notice the tiny stain spreading on my cheeks. As much as I hated it, I was always bumping into him. At the football field, in the ladies bathroom, over here….

"Hey!" The sound of Converse kissing the pavement pulled me back to earth. He was leaving me behind. "You're leaving me behind?"

"In case you forgot." He was still walking. "We're already late and we have somewhere else to be. I have somewhere else to be, I'd rather be anywhere else than here."