〉 Let Me Fix It 〈

Can you paint a picture of paradise? Unless you've walked its paths, it's hard to truly understand

Can you paint a picture of paradise? Unless you've walked its paths, it's hard to truly understand. But today, Carmina walked just in the middle of one. She went for a lonely stroll in the morning, and now she was just utterly speechless. Describing the Amalfi Coast as beautiful would be an insult—it was more akin to paradise.

The streets looked like they were kissed by the sun, and the salty breeze was gently playing with Carmina's hair. Scent of the sea mingled with the earthy aroma of warm sand - it was almost intoxicating. She kept walking in awe. Pink bursts of bougainvillea cascaded down every pure-white wall, their hues were popping against the backdrop of the deep blue Mediterranean Sea. It was a view so breath-taking that even the most professional camera would struggle to capture its essence. But Carmina tried anyway, just to keep this slice of heaven in her memories forever.

She walked along the winding paths, stopping now and then to take in views she never imagined before. As a typical city dweller, she always wanted everything at her fingertips, thinking it was the best way to live. But now, here, finally able to pause for a moment, she realized how much she was missing. Life was rushing by her. "How beautiful it is here..." slipped from her lips, each time a new landscape unfolded before her.
The hills with their sharp, rugged cliffs adorned with lemon groves, and the bays where colourful fishing boats bobbed in the water—Carmina wanted to be a part of it all. Just being here wasn't enough to satisfy her longing.

"One could live here, huh?" a sudden, low voice startled her like a sparrow. Carmina jumped, quickly turning around, and the camera slipped from her hands. She immediately bent down to save it, but Dae swiftly caught it before it hit the stone pavement. Carmina blinked a few times, just coming out of her shock. "Good catch," she mumbled, looking up at the hero of the moment.

Dae's olive-toned skin glowed softly under the Mediterranean sun, his full lips curved into a warm smile, reaching his brown eyes. Those eyes, twinkling with a playful glint, met hers, and she was instantly lost.
"You scared me, rascal."

His laughter was like a sweet, summer melody. Carmina quickly straightened up, just to gain a little distance. She didn't feel comfortable with this new feeling that was welling up inside her. The insult she had thrown was unnecessary; after all, he had helped her. "But... Thanks for the camera. You saved a few good memories."

The device appeared in her sight again. Carmina's eyes wandered over the tanned forearm holding it, slowly, inch by inch, eventually focusing on the person in front of her. Dae looked entirely different today. A simple t-shirt and jeans, seemingly nothing special, but he looked relaxed and stylish.
"We can create some new ones," he murmured incomprehensibly, placing his hat on her head.

"Oh!"

"Don't freak out, you're always on edge!"

"What do you mean, always? We just met yesterday!"

"That was enough to last me a lifetime!"

"Then why are you trailing after me?"

"I was enjoying the scenery."