〉 Let It Last 〈

Time is an ever-hungry beast, consuming the most exquisite moments, those once within reach but now forever lost, the unspoken dreams and aspirations shared together

Time is an ever-hungry beast, consuming the most exquisite moments, those once within reach but now forever lost, the unspoken dreams and aspirations shared together. It is impenetrable and unyielding, unstoppable by any force.

***

With only three days left until her departure, Interpol continued to press Carmina for a quicker return. Despite her efforts to negotiate, her assurances that everything was under control fell on deaf ears. However, when the flow of new messages from them finally ceased, Carmina breathed a sigh of relief. She decided to make the most of the remaining moments of her vacation by Dae's side, uncertain of when they would have the chance to meet again in the middle of her chaotic work.

After yesterday's confessions, Carmina spent the day practically not leaving the hotel. Indulging in a luxurious Mediterranean breakfast served in bed, watching a movie from the same cozy spot, and swimming in the pool, she was truly content with the simple pleasures. And Dae was just perfect. Now that their relationship had taken a step forward, he made extra efforts to ensure she was happy. Totally unnecessary; Carmina was already crazy about him. Dae treated her like royalty, hanging on her every word as if it were a command. So, when she expressed her desire to stay in the hotel, nothing else mattered to him. Dae only denied her two things: she couldn't drink much alcohol, and she shouldn't stay up late.

"Are you trying to be my dad now?" Carmina teased.

Dae snorted in amusement. "Don't go there."

"Yes, daddy. I get it, daddy," she replied playfully.

"Carmina, stop!" he scowled, crinkling his nose in slight disgust. "Nope. Don't make it cringey. If you want to do some role-play, that's fine. But please, let's keep it classy."

"Yes, da..." he sent her a glare. She laughed.

"I'm serious, you fox. I've planned a long trip for tomorrow. And you'll regret it if you're tired from a sleepless night. You know we only have one day left."

She couldn't resist those pleading puppy eyes. And thankfully so, because Dae had arranged an adventure that seemed to stretch to the ends of the earth itself. At least that's how it felt when he showed his plan to her.

After an evening filled with a romantic candlelit dinner for two, a steamy make-out session in the Jacuzzi, and a natural progression to bed, they fell asleep in each other's arms, tired but happy.

***

The ruthless alarm clock had chimed at four in the morning. Carmina, resembling a walking-still-not-dead zombie, crawled out of bed. Meanwhile, Dae had just stepped out of the shower, wearing only a towel, blessing Carmina with his divine body in the early hours. His wet, tousled hair gave him an even younger look, and he was brimming with energy. She, on the other hand, appeared as though someone had just put her through a garlic press.
"I need coffee, pronto," she muttered as she passed him without even a glance, making her way to the bathroom.