〉 Let Me Know 〈

"You're taking me on a boat?"

Dae widened his eyes. "A boat?! That's an insult! It's a catamaran, Carmina. Ca-ta-ma-ran. I searched high and low to choose the best, and you reduce it to just a boat?" He sighed and offered her his hand as she cautiously stepped onto the deck. He had prepared a whole bunch of surprises, but now he wasn't sure of anything; with that attitude, maybe she'd think everything was tacky?

Carmina chuckled at his adorable pout. With lips slightly puckered and a nose crinkled, he looked like a little boy denied a new toy. The cute expression on his face was a delightful contradiction to his appearance today. He exuded elegance, a touch of luxury - just like that first evening when he came to her for help.
The collection he was wearing must have cost a fortune. Carmina really didn't want to dwell on it, but she had only seen such ensembles at fashion shows or on television, as she had never attended one herself. And now, everything was within reach. Although she always swore that if she saw someone on the street wearing such clothes, she would probably burst out laughing, Dae wore them as if they were made for him. Suddenly, the entire fantastical, blue Valentino ensemble was the most beautiful and elegant outfit she had ever seen. Or maybe it was Dae... maybe Dae was simply beautiful.

"Have you been staring already?"

"Huh?" Fuck. Caught in the act. Gotta think fast. "No, not yet. You just seem different today. You know, Dae, you're a bit like a chameleon."

"A chameleon? I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult."

"Definitely as a com..." one step too fast, and she fell straight into his arms.

"Easy there, flower. I did ask you to take it slow."

"Flower?" What kind of flower? A wild daisy in a meadow or perhaps a domestic geranium? A delicate tea rose or a prickly purple thistle? Or maybe a Venus flytrap, lurking for its prey? Come on, Dae, be specific - she shouted in her head, but all that came out was a cheeky grin, her words too shy to escape. Dae mirrored her grin and, with a swift move, twirled her around, guiding her safely onto the deck. Then, like a ninja, he disappeared somewhere into the depths, and Carmina could take a moment to look around.

The catamaran was absolutely stunning. It floated like a white palace on the water, with the sun dancing on its surface. Carmina knew that yachts were grand, but experiencing one with just the two of them was a whole different level. On the main deck, there was a large white sofa with colourful cushions, and a little further away, a table set exclusively for them. On the opposite side, right by the stairs cascading down to the water, there was a small boat with an engine. Carmina examined it from every angle, intrigued, and then walked over to the railing, peering curiously over the edge.

Dae was standing just a few steps behind and couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Carmina, in her pastel dress, looked like a walking rainbow that lit up the deck. He'd been entranced by her for a while now, watching every move she made. As she explored the yacht, her joyous smile seemed to brighten everything around. The way the sun kissed her cheeks, he couldn't help but feel greedy for her beauty. With two glasses of champagne in hand, he finally closed the distance.