Chapter 33

I have been with Athena for the past week and it was nice. It was familiar and fun.

I also realized that I'm in love and that's amazing because I'm in love with a Nice, Amazing, beautiful woman.

Don't get me wrong I'm scared, really scared. But I'll prepare to get my heart broken, that way when it actually happens it won't be that bad...I think.

But I also think well...I know that my stomach makes these butterflies every time I see her It's an amazing feeling like I can do anything.
A scary feeling but amazing nonetheless.

"So you broke my daughter's heart?" MamaChita came into view with a trying-to-look scary Ronald by her side as I stood by Kai's and Mia's locker room, waiting for her so we could talk.

"I.. yeah I guess I did," I stuttered. I didn't get the chance to talk to my friends in person but I did call them yesterday just to inform them I'll be here.

"And what? your waiting until she comes out to break her heart again?" MamaChita had an angry look on her face. Making me stand up straighter.

"No I'm not ever going to break Malakai's heart again," I answered in a firm voice.

It made me happy that Kai has such amazing moms and jealous.

"You better not, because if you do I know how to burn a body," Ronald answered with a creepy smile.

"Got it. I'm definitely going to ask about that later But I understand Ronald," I nodded.

"FOR THE LAST TIME MY NAME ISN'T RONALD," Ronald yelled out as MamaChita kissed me on the cheek. "It's good to have you back sweetie. Make my daughter happy," She said in a threatening tone while dragging a pouting Ronald away.

I like MamaChita, sometimes I like to think who I would be if she raised me instead of my mother. It's weird but I know but it's also weirdly comforting.

The locker room opened in a rush as a red-looking Malakai came out. The first thing she did was lock her eyes on me. She had this dumb cute smile on her face making me smile.

There aren't many people here but it's not empty either.

She played amazing. Well after I stole the microphone from Prins and encouraged her.
There were a lot of eyes on me but I just kept mine on hers. Which was hard because I don't like attention but when I locked eyes on her it felt like it was just the two of us.
Willow Creek won thanks to Kai.

"That was fast," I smiled as she just looked me over with her smile only spreading.

"Hey Mi Amor," She answered while scratching her neck.

"Umm I think that we need to talk," I cleared my throat feeling slightly awkward.

"We don't need to do that. I understand I made you uncomfortable and I'm so sorry Mi Amor. I'll never make you feel like that ever again and-

"Malakai come," I interrupted her rumbling as I led her to her car.

She opened the passenger seat for me as she sat in the driving seat and pulled out of the parking lot.

It was the quiet and awkward type of silence. I knew what I wanted to say but my throat was just closing every time I tried.

"Where do you want me to drive Mi Amor?" Kai whispered almost like she was afraid I'd disappear. Which I guess I did.

"Uh you won the final match of the sophomore year isn't there a party?" I choked out avoiding her eyes by looking out the window.

"I'll drive there," She finally said.