「07」Isaac

07 | ISAAC

"I'M PROBABLY going to regret asking this, but what were you doing in the forest?" Liana asks Isaac, as he drives the jeep through the rough terrain towards the direction of the park.

"Looking for The Tree." Isaac responds, quickly glancing at her before returning his gaze back on the road.

"I'm gonna nod and pretend like I know what you're talking about?" Liana replies, following with a nod before looking at the road ahead.

"Apparently there's a tree out in the park that opens and leads to some undiscovered remains of the old park." Isaac responds.

Liana chuckles lightly, "And who told you this?"

"Employee rumour."

"Oh Isaac, you're too precious for this world." She laughs, poking his cheek. Liana reverts her gaze to the window, watching as a blur of trees soon turns into the outskirts of the park. The vehicle approaches the east outer wall of Jurassic World, as it rolls up into the staff parking lot. Isaac parks the car and the duo quickly hop out.

     "So, your dad told me to make sure you don't run off and cause trouble so..." Isaac starts, trailing off as he doesn't know where his sentence was going.

     Liana raises an eyebrow, "So, what?" she asks with a smirk.

     "Don't run off and cause trouble?" He mumbles, not seeming to sure himself, "Am I suppose to hold your hand now?"

     "Isaac, I'm not five." She states, laughing at the older boy's awkwardness.

     "Yeah, sorry, let's go then." He mumbles. Isaac flashed his ID badge at the guards, who nod and open the vast doors to let the two through. As they enter, they're immediately engulfed into the large crowd of visitors. Squeezing past the bodies, Liana trails after Isaac and stops as they arrive at the Jungle Bean.

     "You want anything?" She asks, stepping in the lineup to order.

     He shakes his head and answers as his eyes focus on elsewhere, "Nah, I'm–I'm good." Liana follows his gaze, and rolls her eyes as she notices he's staring at a waitress.

     "I'll be over there." Isaac says as Liana steps forward towards the counter.

     "Hey, Liana. What can I get you today?" The red headed cashier, Jean asks.

     "Is the whipped caramel latte any good? Lowery said it was terrible."

     Jean leans over the counter and says in a hushed tone, "It's disgusting, and honest to god tastes like sweaty feet."

     Liana nods, contemplating her order, "Guess I'll just take a medium latte."

     Jean gives her a curt nod before tapping in the order on the computer. "Will that be going on your dad's tab?"

     Liana nods. Jean prints out a receipt and slides it over to her. "Thanks," Liana says as she takes the receipt and stands over by the pick up area. Her eyes fall upon Isaac, busy flirting with a waitress. Liana realizes that now is her chance to get away from his supervision, considering he is totally off guard.

     Another employee slides Liana her drink, and she gives them a quick thank you, before shuffling towards the exit. As she exits the building, Liana looks back to see Isaac still occupied with the waitress, and mentally congratulates herself as she takes a sip of her drink.

    She looks back one more time, but this time Isaac has looked up and is glancing around the shop. "Dammit," Liana curses as she turns around and pick up her pace. As she nears the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo,  her body collides with another, and her latte spills all over the ground.

     "Oh sh –" Liana quickly stops herself as she sees a boy about ten or eleven standing beside the tall, teenage boy she just bumped into, "stegosaurus!"

     "I'm so sorry." The older boy apologizes, his gaze not focused on her but scanning around the area.

     "Well you should be. My dad finally lets me come get some coffee and now it's on the fu–fukuiraptor ground!" Liana exclaims, bending over to pick up the empty cup. As she tosses the cup in a trash can a few steps away from her, she notices the blue bands on their wrists, and stops to fully take in their features.

     "I'm assuming you're Claire's nephews." Liana says, seeing the younger boy's face turn to her. Before she can say anything else, she sees Isaac and Claire's assistant, Zara together searching the street. "I'm also assuming you two are running from a British woman named, Zara."

     "Uh, yeah." The older boy answers, as the two boys turn around to see the two adults.

     Liana lightly chuckles, "Well we better run then."