「24」Bed Time Story

24 | BED TIME STORY

       THE FIVE ENTER the Visitor's Centre which is full of thousands of people. Most asleep, most awake, and most injured. They walk towards an open area and Liana stops, seeing Isaac sprawled on top of a cot, blood dripping down his face.

     She gasps and maneuvers her way through the bodies and collapses on to her knees beside Isaac.

     "Isaac, what happened?" she questions, examining the blood seeping through the side of his white shirt.

     "What? Nothing happened. What makes you think something happened?" Isaac asks, tilting his head towards her with a groan. Liana stares at him with an unamused look plastered across her face.

     "Well I was hoping for one of your sarcastic remarks." Isaac mumbles, shifting in his spot following with a small moan. Liana winces as he moves around in pain. "I'm fine, Liana. It was only one of your dad's deadly ass pets trying to eat me." he reassures, grasping her hand.

     "It's not fine! You almost got eaten by a velociraptor!"

     "Almost." he states, smiling.

     "Why are you smiling?" she questions, just as a doctor arrives towards them.

     "I ordered a snow cone machine last week and it's coming in tomorrow." he informs.

     "Oh my god, Isaac. You're bleeding out, and yet you're lying here smiling about a snow cone machine. Wow I love you." Liana smiles, leaning over and hugging him. He groans as she quickly apologizes.

     "I should let the doctor check on you then. Bye, Isaac." she adds, kissing his forehead. The doctor walks over to Isaac, and Liana quietly tiptoes past a sleeping family, making her way over to Zach, who seemed to be watching her interaction with Isaac.

     "So you and Isaac..." Zach mutters as she sits down beside him, leaning her back against an empty cot.

     "We're just friends. Best friends actually." she clarifies. Liana glances over to the opposite side of Zach and sees Gray stretched on the floor, stirring in his sleep. Turning her head to the right, she finds Claire talking to a man with a clipboard and Owen talking to Barry.

     "I like you, Liana. Like, like-like you." Zach blurts out.

     "Did you just use the term 'like-like'? Damn I didn't know it was 2008." Liana chuckles.

     "Well, I'll keep my response to that something rather modern then." she replies, intertwining their fingers together. "In the words of Carly Rae Jepsen; I really really really really really really like you."

     Zach shakes his head and lets out a laugh, "That was really lame but if we're saying things in the words of Carly Rae Jepsen," Zach pauses, reaching for a clipboard and pen across from them. Writing down some numbers, he tears the paper and hands it to her, "Well here's my number, so call me maybe."

     "Oh my god," Liana laughs as the two receive a glare from a mother across from them.

      Liana turns her head and sees her dad staring at them. "He's watching us." she murmurs to Zach.

     "Who?"

     "Harry Styles." Liana responds sarcastically. Zach doesn't seem to grab the sarcasm and looks at her with wide eyes. "No, my dad. But good to know you have an interest in Harry Styles."

     Zach shrugs, "He seems like a cool dude." he looks back at Owen quickly before telling Liana to wave to him.

     She gives him a confused look. "Just wave to your dad." Zach says. Still utterly confused, Liana raises her hand and waves to Owen. He notices and quickly turns away as Zach and Liana try to hold back their laughter.

     Zach yawns and rubs his eyes, lying down beside Gray.

     "Liana?" Zach asks, as the girl rests her head on her knees, "Can you tell me a bed time story?"

     She lets out a light chuckle and lies down beside the brunet. "Alright, once there was an island, and some guy thought 'Hey, lets put some dinosaurs on here!' And so he did. He created dinosaurs and put them on the island for the public to view. Then twenty years later another guy thought 'Hey, let's make a dinosaur that's a breed of other creatures, oh and hey, let's make it a carnivore!' Then that dinosaur almost ate us and the end."

     "Wow," Zach says, "That was a work of art. Very riveting."