『 6 』 Getting Flocked Over

❝ They're

They're...They're flocking this way.
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : hope ur ok - Olivia Rodrigo
1:35 ──────── 3:29
II
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

AFTER WALKING FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER, we make it out of the jungle. Its a hot summer day and the sun is so bright. Were walking up a long and tall hill, my feet were so tired and everything was sore.

"I'm tired. I'm dirty. I'm hot." Tim complains as we walk up a hill.

"Don't your legs hurt?" Lex asks us.

"Everything hurts." I groan rubbing my back.

"Just keep going. Looking at the map, I'd say the visitor's center is just a mile over that rise there. Just keep..." Dr. Grant encourages us. He then notices some dinosaurs running in the distance. "What is that? Tim, can you tell me what they are?" He points to them.

"They are... Ga... Galla...Gallimimus." Timmy finds the term.

"Are those meat-eating? 'Meat-asauruses'?" Lex starts to panic and grabs onto my arm.

"Look at the wheeling. Uniform direction changes. Just like a flock of birds evading a predator." His arm follows their path. I notice how fast they are going and how they are quickly approaching.

"They're...They're flocking this way." Timmy gives an awkward smile and starts to run as Dr. Grant leads us away. They quickly start to fly by either side of us going fast and screeching. We situate ourselves behind a log and stay there until they all jump over top of it. We crawl to the other side just in time as the T-Rex climbs through the bushes looking for prey. An unlucky Gallimimus gets bitten and killed right in front of us.

"I want to go now." Lex's eyes were wide and she grabbed onto my arm.

"Just look how it eats." Dr. Grant is captivated by the study of it.

"Please." Lex begs.

"I bet you'll never look at birds the same way again." Dr. Grant smiles, still looking at the not-so-gentle giant eating the bird.

"Yes." Tim nods.

"Yeah..." I sigh.

"Go now." Lex whispers to Dr. Grant.

"Okay. Keep low and follow me." Dr. Grant crawls away with me and Lex following.

"Look how much blood." Tim starts to rise up the log but Dr. Grant sees him and grabs him. We crawl around past the T-Rex. It was really preoccupied by the food it was eating we were able to get away safely.

We start to walk again once were in the clear and we keep trucking our way back. I wonder what the others are thinking. Do they even know were alive or did they abandon us? So many questions fill my head as were walking. After a while we approach an electric fence. Dr. Grant looks for a way to see if the electrical connection is working so he grabs a stick and throws it at the fence, but it bounces off completely fine.

"I guess that means the power's off." He shrugs. Dr. Grant carefully approaches the electric fence, grabbing it with his hands. He suddenly shaking and screaming, causing us to scream. Lex grips my arm and covers her mouth. He then stops and turns towards us with a wicked grin, clearly playing a dad joke on us.

"Jesus, Dr. Grant..." I take a moment to catch my breath, thinking our one authority figure was about to die in front of us.

"That's not funny." Lex shakes her head unamused.

"That was great!" Tim laughs at the joke. Dr. Grant turns his attention back to the fence looking for a better idea than to scale the fence.

"Or maybe we could..." Dr. Grant tries to pull the power-lines apart to make room to crawl through, but theres not enough room. Suddenly, the sound of the T-Rex roaring fills our ears. We quickly scramble for the electric fence and start climbing.

"I bet I could climb over to the other side before you two could even get to the top." Lex makes a bet.

"What would you give us?" Tim asks starting to quicken his pace.

"Respect." Lex smiles.

"Its so on." I climb up faster and reach the top even before Dr. Grant. I stick my tongue out at her and climb down the other side.

"Come on, guys, it's not a race." Dr. Grant says trying to stop us from getting hurt.

"Looks like I get your respect Lex." I smirk as I climb the last bit down the fence.

"Good. Here we go. Over the top. Take your time. Good. Come on. Find your footing. Find your footing." Dr. Grant climbs down right after me. As Lex and Tim ads still climbing, a siren starts to blare, meaning the power could come on at any moment. Lex finishes the climb down and looks up at Tim.

"Get down now!" She yells up to Tim.

"Timmy get down!" I shout, looking up at him.

"You're gonna have to jump." Dr. Grant prepares himself to catch him.

"You crazy? I'm not gonna jump." Tim wraps his arms around the fence and stops moving.

"Do what Dr. Grant says!" Lex yells.

"Just jump! Ill catch you!" I move towards him.

"Let go. I'll count to three. One, two, three!" Dr. Grant counts but Timmy doesnt move.

"I'm coming up to get you. I've got to get Tim. Stay here with Lex, Christy." He grabs my shoulder and then turns around going towards the fence.

"Okay. I'm gonna count to three. One, two..." Timmy doesnt get to finish counting when the electricity comes back and he gets shocked with 10,000 volts of electricity.

"TIMMY! TIMMY!" Lex screams as Timmy plummets to the ground into Dr. Grants arms.

"He's not breathing." Dr. Grant puts his hand on his chest. Tears well up in my eyes and I grab Lex so she doesn't have to see as Dr. Grant starts CPR. She starts sobbing and gives me a hug, squeezing me tight. I play with her hair and watch as Dr. Grant continues CPR.

"Tim! No, Tim!" Dr. Grant struggles to get him back. After about a minute total, Timmy starts coughing, showing hes alive. Me and Lex instantly go to his side. "Good boy." Dr. Grant brushes through Timmys hair as hes in his lap.

"Three..." Timmy finishes counting. We all laugh and help him gain consciousness. Dr. Grant uses another handkerchief and ties it around both of his palms where his burns were. Once Timmy is able to get up and walk, we find our way to the main building.

1085 words! were getting towards the endddd