『 8 』 Control Room Chaos

❝ Mr

Mr. Hammond; After careful consideration Ive decided... Not to endorse your park.
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Pretend - Alex G
1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

WHEN WE GET IN THE ROOM, Dr. Grant stays at the door while we all flock in.

"We can call for help?" Lex asks as we walk into the room.

"We've got to reboot the system first." Dr. Sattler walks over to the computer and start to fidget with the keys.

"The door locks! Ellie, boot up the door locks!" Dr. Grant yells to her. Just the the velociraptor appears in the window and starts to open the door, causing Dr. Grant to lose his gun. Dr. Sattler rushes over towards him and helps him hold the door.

"No, boot up the door locks! Ellie, get back! Boot up the door locks." He tells her again.

"You can't hold it by yourself!" She strains. I run over and start to hold the door too. Lex sees shes the only one who can fix it and rushes to the computer.

"It's a UNIX system. I know this. It's all the files of the whole park. It tells you everything. I've got to find the right file." She moves through the extremely slow computer.

"Try to reach the gun." Dr. Grant says to her. She tries to pick it up with her boot but the strap keeps slipping off. I try to reach for it but my leg doesnt reach.

"I can't get it unless I move." Dr. Sattler says frustrated. I see Lex clicking away through the computer screen. The raptor gets its claws inside of the door and we all strain to get them
out.

"This is it. This might be the right file. This isn't the right file." Clicks off of the file. We briefly get the raptors claws out but soon enough it slips it right back in.

"Come on Lex! You got it!" Timmy impatiently taps the back of her chair.

"Yes!" Lex clicks on something and the screen flashes through maps.

"Did it!" Timmy asks excitedly. The door slams shut and the locking mechanism works. We all breathe a sigh of relief and Dr. Sattler gives me a small hug.

"Yes! This is it!" Lex jumps up from her chair.

"What works?" Dr. Grant asks, hoping its the phones.

"Phones, security systems... You name it we got it." She smiles over at him. He hurriedly picks up the phone talks to our grandpa. As hes on the phone we hear a bang and we all look over. The raptor went around and is attempting to get through the glass.

"It's gonna cut through the glass!" Dr. Sattler screams. Dr. Grant loads his gun and starts shooting at the glass before ultimately giving up and grabbing a ladder. We all climb the ladder into the vents as a way to escape. As Dr. Grant gets inside I hear it crash through the glass. There is an opening in the vent wall and we go to climb through it.

As we're crawling towards it, the panel Lex is on moves up and the velociraptor is staring back at us. She starts screaming and Dr. Grant kicks the raptor in the face multiple times before it falls, almost taking Lex with it. Lex luckily hangs onto the edge and we all work to pull her up. Her leg dangles for just a moment and the raptor goes to grab it just as we pull it up. We shove her through the opening and Dr. Grant shoves us all through it next. There is a panel at the end and when Dr. Grant opens it up, its an opening to the Visitors Centre, where we were yesterday afternoon. We all climb down onto different parts of the skeletons as a raptor corners us. It jumps onto the skeletons, causing them to rip apart.

Im dangling off of the edge of the tail and Its not long until it either falls off or I do. Dr. Sattler is right next to me and she falls down and I jump right next to her. I cover my head as debris rains down. One by one we all fall to the floor. When Dr. Sattler gets up she grabs me and pushes me behind her as one of the raptors pokes its head up from a plastic sheet. We bump into Dr. Grant, Tim, and Lex as she screams. There are two raptors and we are surrounded.

We all back into each other to form a circle so we can see both sides and both raptors. I grab onto Dr. Sattler as the raptor winds up to jump on us. Just as it jumps we have a savior. The T-Rex is back, and she grabs the raptor and starts to eat it. We all stare up in shock as it chews on this thing like its nothing. The other raptor charges the T-Rex and we seize our opportunity to get out. Our grandpa and Mr. Malcom are waiting in a jeep outside for us.

I grab Timmy and hold him in my arms as me, Dr. Sattler, and Lex pile into the back with Mr. Malcom.

"Mr. Hammond; After careful consideration Ive decided... Not to endorse your park." Dr. Grant looks at him hopping into front seat.

"So have I." Grandpa frowns and drives off. I take one last look back as the T-Rex throws the raptor into the last remaining skeleton set. I sadly smile, being honored to see this dinosaur and wishing it was under better circumstances.

905 words! almost to the end :(