Chapter 3 - ·:*¨༺ ✮ Sparks of Hope.. ✮ ༻¨*:·

TW: Cursing, fire, mentions of blood
------------------------------------------------
I walked out into the open fresh air; limping slightly, I lifted my hand over my eyes to block the sun from shooting into my eyes. I walked down the steps while listening to a worried Ollie rant on and on lecturing me on how I could've gotten more than a slightly sprained ankle because 'I wasn't careful enough.' Like, fuck off my back for one second, Ollie.

I sighed as I got to the key tube and took a key that led to a play place. I got a new hand extension. It was good for fending off the tiny little versions of the smiling critters. I came across a bunch of cells that had scratch marks all over it, and hid behind a wall when I heard chains and talking.

"Don't do anything to them, CatNap!"
"Who are you to command me, Dogday?"

I peeked around the corner to see CatNap speaking to what seemed to be.. DogDay. He was a wreck. His lower body was cut off and there was blood splayed on the floor and back wall. The part where his waist was cut was matted and stained with blood. It was.. disturbing  to say the least. 

After a while of those two quarreling, CatNap finally crept away to.. holy spirits know where. (Not trying to restrict religions here-) It seemed DogDay spotted me because he began rapidly shaking his head in my direction while trying to motion with one of his chained-up hands for me to leave the area.

 I did leave and I went outside, but the things I overheard during that conversation haunted me.

-bits and pieces of the argument-

"What did my Angel do to you?!"
"They're ruining the Prototype's plans."
"How so!?"
"They're taking every one step forward that the Prototype takes five steps back!"
"So what about it? You have to realize sooner or later that the Prototype is just using you-"
DogDay grunts in pain as CatNap strikes him
"My GOD is not doing anything of that sort; and if he is, it doesn't matter. I'm in eternal debt for him saving me.."

-End of memory-