𝟎𝟖𝟕: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐭 𝟐

It was the second day after being admitted to the hospital.

The nurses had instructed you to do light stretches, to help with your soreness. Takemichi still hasn't woken up.

"He'll wake eventually. You don't have to worry," Inupi tells you.

He came over to visit. You just finished telling him about the battle and your condition. As well as your worry for your friend.

"That's what Chifuyu said too... Before he left for work," you reply, sighing afterward. The blonde beside you notices your mood. Especially when talking about Takemichi.

"It's-"

"I know it's not my fault..." You respond, already knowing what he'd say. "Chifuyu told me that too."

"Oh..." Inupi averts his gaze. You know he was trying to comfort you. But in the past 48 hours, you'd basically heard it all.

You look back at him, "How's D&D? I know Draken was allowed to go home, but his condition couldn't be that great... At least enough to still fix bikes."

"Luckily, any customers coming in haven't had any major issues," Inupi answers, "So working in his condition isn't a problem right now."

You nod, "That's good then... And you?" The boy tilts his head to the side. Staring at you blankly, letting out a hum like he was confused.

"Like... How are you?" You asked again.

"I'm fine," he says, "And you?"

"You already know that..." You say immediately. 'How are you?' was his first question, the second he sat down.

"Sorry..." He awkwardly apologized.

Though it was clear he wasn't the best with conversation and especially comforting in this situation. You were still grateful the boy came to visit.

"Our last conversation... You were right," you started. He looks at you, listening. "Koko really isn't much of a fighter."

"He didn't fight?" Inupi asks curiously. You shake your head, "Nope. Watched from the sidelines until the very end."

Inupi stayed silent. Unsure how to respond to your comment. You notice, "Did he ever choose for himself or did he always follow orders?"

"He always followed orders," the blonde answers.

You huffed. "Even though I hate him... I can't help but feel a little bad for the guy," you admit. "It just sounds like he gets pushed around to do everything for Mikey. I can't imagine not wanting to retaliate."

"Koko's always believed in a hierarchy," Inupi tells you. "To him, he's beneath Sano Manjiro. So he shouldn't oppose him."

"I was literally beneath Sano Manjiro and I still want to oppose him!" You say bitterly, "Does that guy ever get angry or what?"

"He does..." Inupi says, looking down. "During the Kanto Incident, he was pretty mad at me."

You asked why Koko got angry with him. He looks back up at you, "Oh, uh... I'd rather not sweat the details."

You apologize for trying to pry. The blonde waves his hands, saying he didn't believe you were.

"So..." Inupi sparks conversation this time. "What will you do once you're able to go home?"

"I... Don't know actually," you answered honestly. No one's asked you about your plans for after. And you weren't thinking of any.

You sighed, "I don't even know if I should continue to train..." You think pessimistically.