𝟎𝟗𝟐: 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

It's been three weeks since the battle. You've been discharged from the hospital. Finally recovered.

While you were still in the hospital, you've been practically ignoring Takemichi. He's recovered enough to be able to walk around on his own.

But whenever he tried to talk to you, you'd brush him off or purposefully respond indifferently.

No matter how many times he's apologized for the conversation after he woke up. You assured him you weren't upset with him. You really weren't.

You felt like you still needed time to reflect on yourself. And by yourself.

Though you loved Takemichi's optimism. And happy that he's back on his feet and doing well. It was your turn to do the same but on your own.

Now that you've been free to go. You've reverted to your old hobby unintentionally.

You've been walking around, people-watching like you used to. But because you have control of your foresight, visions don't come at you at random.

During your walks, you didn't use your foresight at all. You were only observing people living in their present.

Adults running late for work. Teenagers hanging out for summer break. Couples going on dates. People, like you, spending their time alone outside.

You watch them in hopes you can find an answer within yourself. On what you could do in your present.

You knew that dwelling on your past was only eating at you. And thinking of your future would cause you more anxiety.

What is something I can do now? What do I do now?

Before, your goal was just to make it to the battle. But since that's ended, now what?

-

You lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Nothing different than what you've done when you were in the hospital.

From your bed, you look out the window. You hadn't noticed that the sun had set already. The stars fill the night sky. The only light outside was from street lamps and the moon.

You get up, walking out. You take your jacket and keys, leaving your apartment.

Empty-minded, you began to drive your bike in the neighbourhood streets. You were feeling a little cramped in your apartment. Even though you were the only person occupying it.

You make a stop. Using your foot to put down the kickstand. You get off your bike and walk. Leaning your arms on the railing, you look down at the river.

You went to the same bridge Mikey took you to. Back when you were still getting to know him and the rest of Toman in 2005.

~

"Do you ever feel like running to the water?"

~

You remember what Mikey said before the Kanto Incident.

~

"Each wave looks like it's trying to step foot on shore. But it always falls back."

~

That was definitely a metaphor... You think. Watching the waves roll by as the winds hit the water.

A metaphor of him trying to better himself but still falling back to the darkness he feels.

For you, the saying felt more like a reflection of failure. That no matter how many times you try to step foot on shore. You always fall back into the water.