The plot and the skulk

NO ONE ATTACK SAUSAGE IN THIS CHAPTER BEFORE FULLY READING OK??????????

Also no one attack lizzie. bc the next chapter.

-Lizzie-

Lizzie dragged the moons into a corner, within reach of the supply closet. 'Ok. So what we're going to do is that Shelby will distract the Katherine girl, Scott will keep lookout, I'll pick the lock and Joel will cover me.'

Shelby shook her head. 'Do I have to distract Katherine? I mean we could just y'know...mhm...' She trailed off, mumbling.

Lizzie rolled her eyes impatiently. 'Just do it. Ok, let's go!'

-Shelby-

She regretted this. She really regretted this.

It was a random Tuesday morning, for christ's sake. She was supposed to be at the lotus house meeting. Not that she cared anyway, but anything was better than having to do this. She went up to Lizzie.

'I don't want to do this mission anymore.' She said. 'I don't want to mess with Katherine's feelings.' 

'Look.' Lizzie said. 'You either do this mission or you leave the moons because I need this grade. I thought you of all people would understand, as a failure witch.'

Shelby gritted her teeth and swallowed the bile that rose up in her throat. 'Fine.'

Failure witch.

Why was she like this?

'Hi!' She smiled at Katherine, hiding her shaking hands under her sleeves. 

'Hi.' Katherine said. 'By the way, your hat's nearly finished. Do you know anyone else who'd want one?' 

'Yeah! Scott's been looking for a fedora for ages.' She said, butterflies in her stomach for no reason.

'Ok. I'll ask him if he needs one later.' She said.

There was an awkward silence where they looked into each other's eyes and turned away at the same time.

'D-do you wanna hang out sometime?' Katherine asked Shelby.

She nodded quickly, getting a little dizzy. 'Yeah! I'd love to!'

'Ok.' Katherine said. 'Are you free at 5?' 

'Yep!' She said.

They talked on about other stuff, such as nature and toads, when the bell rang.

Unbeknownst to them, someone had been listening from the classroom behind them.

---

Shelby was sitting next to her English classroom, waiting for the lunch bell to ring. 'Dumb Mr. Lark... why do we have to be early or exactly on time?'

She was hurriedly completing her homework for magic theory, to create a new spell and have it work as intended. She was trying to make mushrooms grow from the floor, but nature was really not her specialty. Leave that to one of the other witches in her magic classes, like Tiff. She stuck her tongue out slightly in concentration, green and purple particles of magic coming from the floor.

'Hey, Sausage!' She turned around, ears alert at the mention of her ex- best friend's name. 

It was pirate Joe. She grumbled to herself and went back to jotting notes down. Neither of them seemed to notice her.

'Hey Sausage, I've got a secret I have to tell you!'

'What?' Sausage asked, closing his locker as he got his books out. 

'You know your enemy, Shelby?' He said.

Sausage nodded.

Shelby's heart gave a pang as he didn't correct the pirate. She knew they weren't close anymore, and they weren't friends... but it still hurt. She kept listening, putting her pen and wand down.

'The pathetic witch likes my princess!' He snickered loudly.

Oh shit.

Sausage recoiled in disgust and Joey laughed. 'Who'd want a failure over a pirate?'

Her heart sank. Was Sausage homophobic? What if she outed her to the whole school? She curled her legs up to her chest.

'You disgusting piece of shit.' Sausage growled.

'What?' Joey said, disbelief crawling through his voice.

'You should never expose who someone likes, especially if they haven't given you that information. She's not my friend anymore but on Santa Perla I wish she was instead of you. She may beat up half the kids in the canteen at lunch, but at least she never went as low as to possibly out someone-'

'Everyone already knows her sexuality.' Joey interrupted curtly.

Sausage kicked the lockers, making Joey jump out of his usual arogant and cool position. 'Next time, think.' Sausage spat before walking away.

The bell rang, and Shelby watched Joey stomp off, fuming. She wiped tears away with her sleeve. Well that was eventful.