Three

Lilly's eyes slowly peeled open as she stared at the wall of her bedroom. The morning sun shone through the window peeking through, even if the curtains were closed, making it almost impossible for Lilly to close her eyes. She groaned quietly.

"You okay?" Her husband asked, turning to face her back and wrapping his arms around her. Both of them still half asleep. "Yeah." She sighed in response. Her eyes reluctantly opened, glancing at the clock. 9:43.

"Shit." Lilly mumbled as she sat up, throwing back the covers, much to her husband's annoyance.

"Darling it's quarter to ten, get up we need to wake the kids." She said, shoving Lou gently. He opened his blue eyes slowly before sitting up and walking over to the window to open the curtains and the window. "You sort out the kids while I make breakfast okay? I'm thinking pancakes?" Lou said before giving his wife a kiss on the cheek and a slightly longer one on her lips. "I'm definitely awake now" She joked, faces only inches apart. Lou laughed before walking towards their shared wardrobe and taking out his clothes for the day.

Lilly walked out of her room in her white pyjamas and into Cole's room intent on waking him up but stopped at what she saw. Both Amanda and Cole. Huddled up in his bed. Cole's arms wrapped around Amy as she rested against his chest. It was an adorable sight. Lilly nearly took out her phone but stopped and walked towards them as slowly as she could.

"Guys. I slept in and you need to get up okay?" She asked the two sleeping children as gently as she could. Cole stirred but didn't open is eyes. Amy however did open her eyes but quickly shut them when Lilly noticed. "I saw that Ames. Come on they'll be here in a bit." Lilly said a tiny bit louder. Amy stared down at her still sleeping brother. She sighed before shoving him gently. Then when he still didn't wake, she shoved him again, slightly harder this time. Which seemed to do the trick. "Good morning sleepyhead. Come on get dressed while I help Amy." Lilly said to Cole while gently stroking his cheek. The boy nodded and slowly got up, pushing back the covers and making his way towards the wardrobe to pick out clothes for the day. Lilly took Amanda's hand and led her out of Cole's bedroom and towards her own. She opened the door and Amy immediately made a beeline for her bed. "Oh no you don't!" Lilly said through small laughs.

Amy's bedroom was simple. Light wood floors and pale purple walls that looked almost grey. Her bed was pushed up against the wall with the head of the bed against the same wall as the door. It had a light brown frame with white sheets and a white duvet that had little lavenders as a pattern. Three matching pillows rested at the head of the bed. A little grey kitten teddy also sat on top of her bed. The bed-side-table was white with a hand-painted purple draw. On top of the nightstand was a lamp and surrounding it were sweet wrappers, pens and any other random things that had been placed there. Underneath her bed was a grey fluffy rug. Opposite the nightstand, a desk sat underneath a window that overlooked the streets below. The desk had pens and pencils everywhere, only with a couple drawings that Amy had done. On the right of the desk, in the corner, was her wardrobe. A rather tall, light brown dresser that had Amy's dresses and jumpers hung up along with her pyjamas in a draw at the bottom. On the wall opposite to her bed was a set of drawers, filled with her clothes. But next to that was a set of drawers dedicated to personal things. Photo albums, dresses, toys. Sentimental things that Lilly intended to use to embarrass any future partners of Amy's. The walls were plain except for a couple of them having pictures hung up. Whether it be family photos, pictures she had drawn herself, or certificates that she had won either at dance or school. On the floor were clothes and toys that had been left out, but it was kept pretty tidy most of the time.

Amanda had hidden herself underneath the covers of her bed. "Come on my love. You have to get dressed before your friends get here." Lilly said from the doorway. "But I don't want to." Amy protested from her bed; voice muffled from the duvet. Lilly sighed and walked over to her wardrobe. She picked out some clothes for her to wear. Talking to her as she did. "Do you know what you want to do for your birthday?" Lilly asked. She could hear Amy resurface from the covers and sigh. "No." She began. "Maybe...I could have Elyse over? But I'm not sure." The girl said as she walked over to her mother.