𝟯 ✧ 𝗘𝗮𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲

HAILEE IS MAKING tea as her father, Reverend Henry, paces around the kitchen. He was taken aback at the news she had just told him.

"Y/N L/N's coming here?" He asks, hands on his hips. "The boy's dangerous. He's careless. He's the worst kind of bully."

The girl smiles slightly. She starts putting some tea leaves into the pitcher.

"Daddy, what about forgiveness? You know, I—I thought we had discussed that I was gonna be able to decide how I wanted to spend my time in my life."

"Well, it's him I don't trust, not you." He replied, wiping a fork down with a towel.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings. Hailee stops what she's doing and leaves the kitchen to answer the door.

On the other side is Y/N, wearing a gray tee and faded jeans. His playbook was folded in the front pocket of his pants.

"Uh, hey." He greets.

"Hi."

"So...you gonna keep me out here all afternoon or what?"

She smiles. "Come on in."

He nods and goes through the narrow entrance, inadvertently bumping her arms as he does

He nods and goes through the narrow entrance, inadvertently bumping her arms as he does. Hailee shuts the door.

"My script is in my room, so I'll be right down." She makes her way up the stairs. "Make yourself at home."

"Oh, yeah. Sure."

Y/N watches her go and mumbles to himself.

"That's not likely."

He turns around and walks through the room, eyeing the pictures on the mantle on top of the piano. They were of Hailee as a little girl and there was also one of her parents.

Y/N looks over to the other side of the room, tilting his head and getting a better look at a small statue of Jesus Christ.

"Wow." He chuckled. "That is one scary lookin'..."

He spins around and sees Reverend Henry standing there. The young man gets startled.

"Jesus!"

"No, Hailee's father." Reverend Henry corrects slyly. "Hello, Mr. L/N. I understand you've managed to win the lead in the school play. Congratulations."

He stands there and simply nods. It isn't until a few seconds later, when the silence becomes too much that Y/N ends up replying.

"Listen, thanks for letting me come over and run lines with Hailee."

"I didn't let you." He shot back.

Y/N stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Oh."

"It's a school night," Henry says, then steps closer to him. "Let's get one thing straight, Mr. L/N. You think that on Sundays, I don't see you from where I stand..."