𝟲 ✧ 𝗠𝘆 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹

Y/N RIDES DOWN the highway on his motorcycle. His demeanor is crestfallen with a tinge of determination. The intro instrumental of The Sense of Me by Mud Flow kicks up on his stereo as he speeds up.

After exiting the highway and making it to the suburbs of Thousand Oaks, his bike screeched to a stop in front of the large house

After exiting the highway and making it to the suburbs of Thousand Oaks, his bike screeched to a stop in front of the large house. He hops off and removes his helmet, holding it in his left hand as he hurries to the front door. 

He rings the doorbell and doesn't even wait until he begins to knock loudly. He steps back and rubs his face before knocking again.

"Dad, open the door!" Y/N exclaims.

After waiting a few seconds, the eighteen-year-old gives up and turns around. The porch light goes on as he retreats, wondering what he will do now.

Finally, Mr. L/N steps onto the porch, and Y/N spins around to face him. David calls out.

"Y/N?"

The young man sighs. "I need your help."

His father is concerned. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"It's my girlfriend. Hailee. She's—" He pauses. "She's got cancer, okay? And I need your wife to come and see her right now."

"Okay, will you calm down?"

Y/N is impatient and snaps. "Can you help me or not?"

"Son...she doesn't—she doesn't know her case. She doesn't know her history. She'd have to talk to her physician. Evangeline's a cardiologist, she can't—"

 Evangeline's a cardiologist, she can't—"

Y/N scoffs. He should've figured that they'd be of no help. Of course. He wasted his time. Once again, his father wouldn't be there for him or assist in his needs.

"You know, just forget it. I knew it."

Y/N turns around again to go. David calls out to his son.

"Would you wait? Y/N, wait!"

A brunette appears on the porch in her nightgown. It is David's wife who questions what all the commotion is about.

Y/N hops back onto his motorcycle and straps on his helmet. He revs up and screeches off. David runs his hands along his hair and sighs as Y/N speeds away.