46. 𝕭𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖋𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝕭𝖊𝖉.

A/N - Since Wattpad has discontinued its DM portal, you all can connect with me on Instagram at thegirlnextdoor7781, cheers

46. Breakfast in Bed.

Siya ~

Sunlight peeked through the gaps in the heavy curtains, tracing a shimmering path across the plush rug towards the bed. I stirred, a smile tugging at my lips as I burrowed deeper into the warmth beside me, Arjun.

His arm was wrapped loosely around my waist, his breathing a slow, steady rhythm against my ear. I turned in his embrace, my gaze tracing the strong column of his throat, the way his dark lashes fanned against his cheek. Sleep had softened the usual sharpness of his features, leaving him looking endearingly vulnerable.

"You look so cute when you sleep." I couldn't resist myself from speaking to him.

A soft chuckle rumbled in Arjun's chest, sending shivers down my spine. He was awake, his warm hand tracing circles on the small of my back. "Good morning, Mrs. Rajvanshi." He murmured, his voice husky with sleep.

I turned in his arms, my gaze meeting his. His eyes held a warmth that sent a familiar flutter in my stomach. "Good morning, Ranaji but I am still sleepy!" I replied with a silly pout and let sleep tugged me back. Arjun didn't stray far. He shifted, his arm curving around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. I sank back into the warmth of his embrace.

His hand rested gently on my waist and I could feel his steady presence against the rise and fall of his breath. A stray lock of his hair tickled my cheek, pulling a giggle from my  lips and instinctually, I reached up, twirling the soft strand between my fingers.

He said nothing but leaned down, his lips brushing my forehead in a kiss so gentle it sent shivers down my spine.

"Go to bed, Little Flower." He said and that was all the motivation I needed to listen to him, right in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

The next time my eyes fluttered open because of the incredible smell hitting my nose, I found my husband with a slow smile spreading across his face. "Good morning again, sleepyhead," he murmured, his voice a husky caress. "Did that smell wake you?"

I nodded, rubbing my eyes and my stomach rumbling in agreement. "Are those jalebis that I smell?" I asked, throwing myself off the bed.

"You do, now go and freshen up while I set all this up for us." He replied, giving me one look and then focusing back on the plate setting.

"Ten minutes!" I exclaimed, dashing inside the washroom.

As I quickly freshened up, I couldn't stop thinking about my husband and all that food which was waiting for me right outside and that is the reason why I did not chose to select my outfit and grabbed one of Arjun's shirt instead, buttoning it up before walking out to him.

I strutted out of the bathroom, a grin plastered on my face. Arjun glanced up from setting the table, and his eyes crinkled with laughter. My cheeks flushed a little under his warm gaze. The oversized shirt hung loosely on me, the crisp white fabric a stark contrast to my sleep-mussed hair.

"Feeling bold there, are we, Mrs. Rajvanshi?" he chuckled, his voice laced with amusement.

"Well," I countered, sauntering towards him with a playfully, "since a certain someone stole my beauty sleep with those incredible smells, the least I could do is borrow his shirt."