0

EVE WAS SAT HAPPILY IN HER BUNK IN HERMES CABIN WHILST ADMIRING THE SUN

it feels even brighter than usual... she thought as she looked closer.

that was when she saw the faint outline of a sleigh-looking object in the sun.

her jaw dropped.

what on earth is that? she thought as she stood up in the top bunk, which made her hit her head on the ceiling.

"owww!" she exclaimed as she clutched the back of her head in pain.

that was when her friend kate rushed in and immediately asked for her help.

"eve you've gotta come help! the healer tent- lee's gone on vacation and none of the other apollo campers are here- please!"

eve jumped off her bunk as she and kate ran to the healer tent.

as she entered the bright yellow tent- she saw that there was a young camper who was sitting on one of the cots clutching his arm- it was broken

eve couldn't tell how she knew- but she immediately rushed over and grabbed a piece of ambrosia to feed the boy.

"how'd this happen?" she asked gently.

"i fell off a pegasus..." the boy said sheepishly

eve nodded and started pouring nectar over his arm and wrapping a cast around it.

"the nectar and ambrosia will help with the pain- and the cast will help secure it whilst you recover alright?" eve said. "please make sure to be careful and get some rest okay?"

the boy nodded as eve left him to lie down for a bit, she needed a walk after all that.

as she passed the archery range she stared into the distance at the sun- it was always so bright, and she felt this strange sense of longing towards it, it was a feeling of warmth which she had only ever felt with her mother...

just then- eve felt a sharp pain in her left shoulder and her orange camp half-blood shirt get soaked with blood as an arrow stuck out of her.

she screamed in pain as rushed figures crowded around the girl- from there, a blonde figure picked her up and placed her on a log.

 "where's lee?" she asked angrily at the crowd before they told her he was on vacation as she sat down next to eve. 

"stupid ares camper was trying to show off his archery skills and shot you in the shoulder" she said under her breath. 

eve shrugged her shoulders before someone brought nectar and poured some on her wound.

"you're annabeth- right? you're kinda famous around here." eve asked curiously. "i'm eve- i'm new."

"you seem to deal with this pain well for a hermes kid." annabeth wondered as she observed eve curiously.

"i'm unclaimed." eve responded quietly. 

"grab my hand okay?" annabeth asked gently. "i'm going to remove the arrow."

eve nodded and grabbed the girls hand as she plucked the arrow out in one go- yet the bleeding hadn't stopped and the wound looked quite deep.

"gah!" she cried in pain as annabeth's hand tightened around hers.

"it's alright- i've got you, we're gonna get some more nectar and ambrosia okay?" annabeth reassured.

eve nodded.

she noticed that annabeth hadn't made any attempts to let go of her, which made her stomach feel strange... 

all of a sudden, eve couldn't explain how she knew or got it from, but she just had to- and placed her hand on the raw wound.

she winced in pain- and saw that annabeth's eyes widened immediately after when she realised what she was doing, touching a raw and open wound.

however, her eyes widened even more as she realised eve was glowing, and that her wound had begun closing.

"i- you're golden!" annabeth exclaimed.

"w-what?" eve responded confusedly- but just then, she saw that the wound had closed up and that the pain had disappeared. 

her whole body was glowing gold- and she had healed her entire wound in just seconds?

she looked around in confusion until she saw annabeth had a small cut on her face.

"you're hurt..." she said gently.

she lightly touched it and it patched up immediately, annabeth's face tingling as eve's fingertips healed her cut- only leaving a small scar.

eve's whole body felt warm, and she was illuminated with a stronger golden glow. everything felt right and eve felt complete.

now she was really confused...

she was just about to ask annabeth what was happening until she realised that the crowd was staring above her as she stood up.

annabeth was still holding her hand before pointing above her head and so eve's gaze followed that of the crowds and there it was,

a golden sun made of arrows.

it shone brilliantly as all the campers stared at it in awe. eve thought it might've been the most beautiful sign ever.

"i knew it." annabeth whispered under her breath.

seemingly unnoticed, chiron had made it to the range too- his presence immediately commanding respect as he gave the crowd a look with such gravitas and command that they all began to kneel.

"so- what's going on?" eve began.

"your father," said chiron gently, his voice rich with warmth, yet bearing the weight of ancient knowledge.

"apollo,  god of archery, healing, prophecy-"

"all hail eve thirlwell, daughter of the sun." 

and as the declaration hung in the air, eve's eyes once again found the sun, a sensation of connection overwhelmed her she looked towards the brilliant light. 

and eve could almost swear she saw a face winking at her after pulling down its shades.