v

EVE WAS CHOKING- SHE GENUINELY COULDN'T BREATHE AS ALL HER SIBLINGS PILED ON TOP OF HER, AFRAID TO LET HER GO ON THE QUEST.

she was gonna be late.

packing had already took quite a bit of time because she was so indecisive- do i take the woven or non-woven gauze? i don't really need the oximeter or the heart rate meter- i'm practically a human one, thanks dad.

after stuffing all of her stuff, including a stuffed cow which her siblings had pulled together the money for and her favourite bottle that the stolls had stolen from the camp store for her. she  filled it up with nectar and made sure she brought a bunch of ambrosia before zipping up her bag.

it was quite full- she wasn't sure how it hadn't exploded yet.

just as she turned around her sibling all began hugging her one on one and hugged her real tight. as she gave each of them hugs and kisses, she couldn't help but laugh as lee's eyes began watering.

"you're gonna miss me huh?" eve asked.

"no! i'm just mad that you're leaving me with all the healing duties!" lee answered tightly. 

they both knew that he was lying.

she hugged him extra tight before waving at all her siblings and walking out.

when eve got to thalia's tree, she was afraid that they'd left already, but annabeth was standing there patiently

"hey! you're early!" annabeth called out happily as she saw eve walking towards her. 

"really?" eve asks, a bit dazed.

annabeth had really dressed for the occasion, she had her favourite owl tee that eve had chosen for her while shopping on, comfortable jeans and her yankees cap attached to her backpack.

she looks really good. eve thought quietly.

"shall we go wait in the car for the boys sunshine?" annabeth asked, pointing at argus standing next to the car.

her hand was reached out to her.

eve smiled and grabbed it tightly.

"let's go einstein."

"so far so good," percy told annabeth a bit into the drive. "ten miles and not a single monster."

"it's bad luck to talk that way, seaweed brain." eve stifled a laugh.

"remind me again – why do you hate me so much?" percy asked earnestly.

"i don't hate you." lie

"could've fooled me." 

she folded her cap of invisibility. "'ok... we're just not supposed to get along, okay? our parents are rivals."

"why?" percy asked innocently.

"athena and poseidon both competed to become the patron of athens." eve replied. "athena made the olive tree and poseidon made a saltwater spring." 

"and my mother won athens, evidently." annabeth quipped.

"that doesn't sound that bad." percy decided.

"she also caught him with his girlfriend in athena's temple, which is hugely disrespectful." annabeth said as she side-eyed percy.

"oh, i guess they still really like olives."

"oh, forget it."

"now, if she'd invented pizza – that i could understand."