i

EVE HADN'T GOTTEN MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT AFTER THE ARRIVAL OF THE NEW KID.

she and her brother lee had worked tirelessly on treating the boy as he slept extremely deeply while they patched his wounds. 

"he drools when he sleeps." her best friend annabeth had said with mild disgust, while she came to check in on eve, who had been working all night. 

"he's the one isn't he, annie?" eve asked. "the one who'll get you on a quest?"

"us, sunshine." annabeth replied whilst stroking eve's hair as they sat on a spare cot together. "i'm not going on any quests that'll leave you here with people like clarisse."

she smiled as she leaned into her best friend tiredly, she really needed a nap.

just then, eve's beauty sleep was interrupted by the mysterious new kid waking up- his dark hair in a frenzy and his sea-green eyes wide- as if he had just woken up from a nightmare.

eve got out of annabeth's arms, which made her groan and brought some nectar and ambrosia for the boy.

"hi there! i'm eve, you need to drink up okay?" she smiled at him as she poured some nectar into his mouth.

he nodded frantically before taking a bite of the ambrosia that eve had offered him too- the boy immediately relaxing as the taste reminded him of chocolate chip cookies, his mom's chocolate chip cookies.

the boy frowned as he remembered the events that occurred last night.

"i'm percy," the boy said. "is-is grover around here?"

"right- of course!" eve realised that he must've been close to grover as he was his protector. "i'll go grab him for you percy."

the boy smiled as she smiled back brightly.

after saving the poor strawberry bushes from grover munching on them, eve dragged him into the healer tent, where she saw that annabeth was in the middle of interrogating the poor boy.

"what's going on? what was stolen? we've only got a few weeks!" was all eve heard.

"i'm sorry," percy mumbled in confusion, "i don't..."

"annie!" eve announced quickly, "let's give them some time alone okay? grover needs to explain some things to percy here."

percy sent a grateful look to her as annabeth grabbed her hand and she stormed out.

eve and annabeth had been lying on a hill resting when annabeth remembered that chiron told them to meet him at cabin 11 in a bit.

frantically, the two girls rushed down just as chiron and percy arrived. chiron informed them that he had to teach a masters' sword-fighting class and that they would take over for percy's tour.

annabeth nodded in understanding as eve saluted him as chiron trotted towards the arena and they took percy inside cabin 11.

out of all the cabins, eve definitely thought that eleven looked the most like a regular old summer camp cabin, with the emphasis on old. the threshold was worn down, the brown paint peeling. over the doorway was one of those doctor's symbols, a winged pole with two snakes wrapped around it. what did they call it...? a caduceus- eve had always seen them throughout her life, whether at her mother's office before or in the healer tents.