CHAPTER 1

It was 1971 in a town called evergreen valley and the population is 1000. The whites had just arrived into the little small town with their two kids.

He pulled into Baxter's two in one, to get some gas and some groceries for their cabin. Cole white age 37 years old with short blonde hair and blue eyes.

He is 6 ft tall and skinny and he's wearing a gray t-shirt, short pants jeans with his black sandals. He is a decent person, except for one of his kids and it pushes him to his limit.

The whites stepped out of their vehicle, closing the doors behind them.
While Cole was starting to pump gas in the vehicle, his wife and two kids went inside to get stuff for their cabin.

Meanwhile outside of the building is two parts, one is the gas station and the other is the grocery store. The building is blue and red and a open sign hung on the door.

There is a sign on the gas station window, that reads restrooms around back. A open sign on the door, with a sign out by the street that says Baxter's two in one and red and blue letters.

While they were inside, one of the kids ran off in a different direction and Gretchen was not happy about that. That damn girl just waits until I get her outside She thought to herself with an angry look on her face.

When Gretchen was about done, she decided to go grab a couple more things that she forgot, before checking out. The row that you went down, Gretchen had run into their daughter and she had a lot of stuff in her hand.

That damn girl She thought to herself with angry eyes, and she didn't argue with her about what she had, as her daughter put the stuff in the basket.

The inside of the store has white walls and brown trim, with fluorescent lights hung on the ceiling. There are three rows of islan, like any other store except it is a little smaller.

When they were done shopping they headed up front to check out, noticing that there wasn't hardly anybody in the store, as they started sitting stuff on the counter.

Gretchen White age 30 years old was long wavy brown hair and brown eyes. She is 5"8, skinny and can't stop getting angry with they're they're daughter.

She is wearing a blue tank top, with a white khaki pair of short pants and blue sandals. Gretchen has a pair of diamond stud earrings  on and a gold necklace with a diamond shaped heart.

"Did you find everything okay?" Myrtle asked her with a kind voice and a smile. She knew them from the last summer when they came up before.

"Yes I found everything we needed, thank you for asking," Gretchen said back to her with a smile. While they were checking out, she was double checking everything she picked up.

Gretchen wanted to make for sure that she didn't forget anything, but everything was there. When everything was paid for, her and the kids made their way up the front door.

Myrtle Baxter age 51 years old was long gray hair and blue eyes. She is 5"5, skinny and she is wearing black rose short sleeve shirt. Myrtle is wearing a pair of white slacks and a dress clothes in black shoe.

She is kind, caring person and loves meeting all the people that come in there. Gretchen got out to the car, opened the back of their black Durango and started putting the groceries in the back.

Cole had just finished doing the vehicle up, as he hung the nozzle up and headed to the back to help finish loading there vehicle. When that was done, they they all open the doors climbed inside closing the doors behind them.

Gretchen reached back, and she buckled their son in. Sam White age 6 years old with brown eyes and brown hair. He is 3 ft 7 and chubby. Sam is very energetic and hard to keep him in one place.

When she had him buckled in, her husband started up the vehicle and pulled out of the gas station and onto the road, as they were heading towards their cabin in the woods.

I hope they behave themselves until we get to the cabin Cole and Gretchen thought to themselves, while keeping an eye on them. She hoped that their daughter wouldn't start up with their son again.

When Cole pulled onto the street, making a left turn and headed down to main Street. After a few minutes went by, Cole had come up to the stoplight and turned on his blinker.

He made a right turn, while Cole continued on his way to the cabin. Everything seemed to be quiet in the backseat and the parents was happy about that. Hope it stays that way they thought to themselves while looking over at one another.

Greater decided to turn on the radio, since you wanted to see what the weather was going to be like. (There's a chance of rain and possible mudslides today into tomorrow) The weatherman said.

That's not good, but we need the rain Gretchen thought to herself, knowing that it's been extremely hot this year. She turned the radio off after listening to the broadcast and sighed.

While Cole was driving up these steep hills and sharp turns, he was mostly concentrating on what he was doing then anything else. He was glad that the kids were asleep and not fighting with each other, since it was dangerous enough.

A hour went by, Cole got through the first half of the obstacle and still had a ways to go. He noticed some falling Rock, as he was being cautious to make it through there in one piece.

Gretchen was worried about going over the edge, since the road was really small and you could see that from the passenger side of the car. She turned her head and looked in the backseat, and she noticed the kids were sound asleep still.

She turned facing in the front, as she looked over at her husband and knew he was more concentrating on what he was doing than anything else.

"Is everything okay my love?" Cole asked his wife was a kind voice, as he put his hand in hers.

"Everything is fine, just a little nervous looking out the window here," Gretchen said back to her husband with wide eyes. He knew that she wasn't okay she was just trying to be tough, since he could feel her hand shaking.

When Cole saw a turnout on the left side of the road, he decided to pull over and let the car rest. After coming to a full stop, him and his wife got out of the car, closing the doors lightly behind them.

Cole and Gretchen either way to the back of the vehicle, opening the back door and grab them selves a cold water. He grabbed two of the lawn chairs, before closing the back tailgate.

"Let's go sit down over there," Cole said to his wife, while taking her by the hand. When they got to the spot, they set up their chairs and sat down.

"Are you okay, I know you were shaking earlier?" Cole as to his wife was a lowped voice, before putting his arm around her.

"Yes I'm okay now dear, the rocks scared me a little bit," Gretchen said back to her husband with a smile. While they were sitting there talking, they knew the both of them needed this time alone.

After a hour went by, they decided it was time to go and folded up their chairs, after they walked back to the vehicle. They only took a couple steps, when a couple big boulders came falling down right where they were sitting.

"Oh my God, that was close!" She said to her husband that she was terrified, while Gretchen wondered what would have happened if they were just sitting there a few seconds later.

"We're okay, don't think about it," Cole said to his wife with a caring voice. When they got back to the vehicle, they opened the back tailgate and put the chairs in, slowly closing it up.

When they opened the front doors, stepped inside and were about to close the doors when their daughter Jennifer, started aggravating her brother while he was asleep.

Jennifer White age 10 years old was blonde short hair and hazel eyes he is 5 ft 1 and skinny. She had a lot of spunk and act like she's older than she is. Jennifer has a pink tank top, a blue jean mini skirt and a pair of pink sandals.

"See what you did, you woke your brother up!" They said to their daughter, while they were yelling at her. She started to pout, opening  the door and stepped out of the car.