CHAPTER 4

"Okay, let me down," Jennifer said to her dad with a stern voice, knowing it would be easier to move. He put her down, as they held each other's hand and took off running.

The two of them kept up with one another, while wondering how much longer they keep this up and knew they were going to have to stop and drink some water sooner or later.

"Let's wait a little while longer,"Cole said to his daughter, while he was breathing heavily. Jennifer glassed over at him, as she shook her head up and down, agreeing with him.

When they heard the howling again, but noticed it was in the distance and decided to stop the rest.They found a place to sit, as I started drinking some water and was trying not to drink it so fast.

Look at that ,there's a rabbit Hole thought to himself and looked over at his daughter, wondering if she would have a problem with him killing one.

Jennifer could tell that her father was looking over at her, as she wondered why and didn't want to ask him. "Why don't you go get some firewood, well I look for food,"He said to her with a kind voice.

"Okay Daddy," She replied back to him a curious look on her face. While she went to do that, what food is he's going to find out here to eat Jennifer thought to herself as she was picking up wood.

After a little while, Jennifer had her hands full and headed back to the spot they were sitting at. When she got there, her hands and arms were tired, as she dumped him right where she stood.

After 20 minutes went by, she decided to start making the fire and didn't know how long her dad was going to be gone. That should keep the wolves away Jennifer thought to herself.

When she had the Kindle and everything set up, she struck a match and threw it into a pit, as the fire caught on. Jennifer sat there by the fire, I actually started wondering what was taking her father so long.

When a few minutes past, Cole walked up to the fire and sat down, as he was holding a skinned rabbit. He looked for a large stick, when he could see some that was smaller.

That he can make a rotisserie part to cook the rabbit on and started putting it together over the fire. After he had it set up, he stuck the rabbit onto the stick and kept an eye on it while it cooked.

Meanwhile back at the house, Gretchen was getting real sleepy and she couldn't keep her eyes open, so she decided to go lay down in the bedroom. I hope he's okay and her she thought to herself before dozing off.

There wasn't much time, before she fell into a deep sleep and didn't realize she left the front door wide open. Gretchen didn't realize about all the wild animals out there, she was so out of it and couldn't think straight.

Meanwhile over in the woods the food was about done, while the both of them were starving and was ready to eat."Are you ready to eat?" Cole as his daughter, while cutting the cooked rabbit into slices.

"Yes I am, hand me a piece please," Jennifer said to her dad as she licked her lips. Before he handed it to his daughter, you let her know it was hot still and handed her a piece.

After handing the peace to her, he cut another piece for himself and started eating, hoping that one rabbit was enough. They heard the howling again, noticing that they were really close, as they got up and took off running.

When they took off, they forgot to put out the fire and left the rest of the rabbit there. Great I forgot to put the fire out, I hope it doesn't get anything on fire Cole thought to himself with a concern look on his face.

While they were running, Cole and his daughter did not know that they were almost to the clearing, they kept on running and ended up in the open, flopping on to the ground.

The two of them we're trying to catch their breath, the sweat rolled off their faces and into their eyes, using their shirts to wipe their face off. Look at those glowing eyes Cole thought to himself with wide eyes.

"Daddy look, our cabin," Jennifer said to her dad with excitement, knowing that she might be in trouble with her mom. While they continued to rest, he pulled out the canteen and let his daughter have a drink.

After she had a drink of water, Jennifer handed the canteen back to her dad and he drank a swallow of water. "We have to be quiet when we get there," He said to her with a low pitch voice.

"Okay Daddy, I understand," Jennifer said to her dad was a kind voice, as I got up and started walking again. They started towards the cabin, when they heard the howling again.

He knew that they would be okay, since the wolves haven't came out of the woods. While they were getting close to the cabin, Cole noticed the door wide open and didn't know what to think, except his wife was still awake.

The closer they got to the cabin, Cole started to get this eerie feeling deep down inside and turned around, as he seen four wolves out of the trees."What's wrong Daddy?" She asked him with the word look on her face.

"When I tell you to run, run,"He said to his daughter with a stern voice, not knowing what those animals are going to do. "Run... run!"Cole screamed out loud, hoping those wolves would not move.

While he was standing there watching the wolves, his daughter was close to the cabin and the wolves didn't move, as the Cubs walked out into the open. That's why they were being possessive Cole thought to himself.

He made his way over to the cabin, as his daughter waited at the steps for him. Everything is fine, I don't worry about them and they walked up to the door, noticing the door was open.

"Stay here for a minute, let me check this out first,"Cole said to his daughter with a stern voice. He looked over at his daughter, making sure she would do what he says and slowly stepped inside the doorway.

He walked slowly through the living room, before he stopped in his tracks and started backing up, trying to get out the door in one piece."Dad, what's wrong"Jennifer whispered to him.

Cole kept on moving slowly, while the wolf cub was moving towards him and he was just trying to get it out of there. When he was about out the doorway, he let her know to move to the left some.

"Okay Daddy, I will,"Jennifer said to him was a curious look on her face. She did what her dad asked, but she was curious what was going on and decided to look through the window, noticing the wolf cub.

When he stepped outside, he moved to the left and let the baby wolf out, as he saw the mother coming. His daughter decided to go around him and pet the baby wolf cub.

"What do you think you're doing, are you crazy or just stupid,"  Dad said to her with a mean voice, before pulling her back away from the cub. When the mama wolf came charging up the steps, she had a evil stare.

While the mama wolf started charging them, making them a little worried and stepped into the cabin shut the door behind them. "What the hell do you think you were doing, you don't listen at all?" Cole said to her with a red face.

"Just go get cleaned up and get to bed," He said to her with a stern voice, before sitting down on the couch and turning on the TV to the news. While he sat there looking at the news, Jennifer had grabbed her clothes and headed to the bathroom.

She opened the door, stepped inside closing the door behind her the floor was hard varnished wood and the walls was Wyatt with yellow trim. On the far back middle wall is a window, with yellow lace curtains hung above it.

On the right side of the window, is a shower combo with a yellow mat and yellow striped curtain hung above the bathtub. There is a white toilet that sit on the left side of the window, with a metal toilet paper holder.

To the left of the toilet, is a glittery sink tile and it has a white sink, whereas a medicine cabinet with mirror hung above the sink. There is a towel rack when you first come in on the right side of the door.