CHAPTER 2

"Get back in this car now, or I'll drag you back!" Gretchen yelled out to her daughter with a mad look on her face. Jennifer didn't care, she just kept on walking on the side of the road and wouldn't stop.

While their daughter kept on walking, the both of them looked at one another and shook their heads, trying to decide what they were going to do about it.

Cole and Gretchen open the back door to tend to their son, since he was crying his eyes out and they didn't like seeing him like that. "I think we should go ahead and take off, knowing they would run into her shortly,"Cole said to his wife.

They set their son back in the car seat, buckled him in and close the door behind them, while making their way to the front of the car. Cole and Gretchen open the front door, stepped inside and closed the door behind them.

He started the car, put it in gear and started to pull onto the road, that's when a vehicle flu by them. Cole slammed on the brakes, trying not to run into the vehicle or the vehicle run into them.

"I hope that Jennifer is okay, even though she's a pain in the butt," He said out loud to his wife. Gretchen didn't know what to think, but she knew her daughter would find her way to the cabin.

They sat there for a few minutes, waiting to see if anybody else was coming and then pulled onto the road, continuing to head towards the cabin. Gretchen looked back at their son and noticed he was sound asleep, before turning back around.

They kept an eye out, looking for their daughter and minutes turned into an hour, but they never spotted her. I hope that vehicle we seen earlier didn't pick her up she thought to herself with a worried look on her face.

When they noticed the sheriff on the next turn out and decided to stop and talk to them. While pulling up to the vehicle, the both of them hoped that they had seen Jennifer.

Cole opened his door, stepped out of the vehicle and walked over to the sheriff's car, hoping they could help them. "What could I help you with?" The sheriff asked him with a smile.

"Did you see a 10 year old walking on the side of the road in the last 30 minutes?" He said back to her with a worried look on his face.

"I'm sorry I haven't, do you want me to help look for her?" She asked him with concern, since it wasn't the best time to go wandering around.

"No, I think she's probably close to the cabin by now," Cole said to her, letting her know if they don't find her, they will let her know. While he made his way back to the car, opening the door and stepped inside.

Jane Taylor age 35 years old was long blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5 ft 7, skinny and wearing black pants with a white stripe. Jane has a black dress shirt with a silver named tag on the left and a badge on the right of her shirt.

Jane is a no nonsense kind of person, but she is kind and caring part of the time. She works with her husband in evergreen and they've been doing this since they were brookies.

Cole close the door behind him, as he started at the car and pulled out onto the road heading towards the cabin. After they left, the sheriff pulled onto the road and headed the opposite direction, keep an eye out for their daughter.

Meanwhile the whites continued on their way, with no sight of their daughter anywhere. They hope that she was at the cabin by now, but they knew she has a mind of her own.

She is going to be the death of us Cole thought to himself, while keeping a eye on the road. He had to be very careful since it just got dark, as he couldn't wait to get there and get settled in.

While hours went by, they were getting close to the road to turn in and when they saw the street sign that said cherry drive, Cole made a right turn unto the road.

"Thank God we're almost there," Gretchen said to her husband with a sigh of relief. Her husband looked over at her and smiled, nowing she was right about that.

When they arrived, the whites pulled into their yard and the outside lights came on. The outside of the cabin is brownish yellow and the steps leading to the porch is on the right hand side of the house.

The yard has all light green grass with woods all around it, as the whites stepped out of the car closing the door behind them and Cole opened the back door, as he started to unbuckle there son.

While he was doing that, Gretchen headed up the stairs to the front door. When she got to the door, she put the key in the knob and unlocked it, before opening the door.

When she had the door open"Jennifer are you here, answer me!" She yelled out to their daughter. Gretchen didn't hear her daughter's voice, or movement in the cabin undecided to wait for her husband to get inside.

She stood there by the door, as her husband walked up the steps and made his way over to the doorway with their son in hand. "Are you okay, I heard you hollering?" Cole asked his wife with a word look on his face.

"It's Jennifer, she hasn't answered," Gretchen said to her husband with tears in her eyes, since you didn't know what happened to there little girl. Cole went in and laid their son on the couch, before attending to his wife.

"Listen to me, everything is going to be okay," He said to her with a kind voice.  Then he went to grabbed a couple flashlights, before grabbing a blanket and the water canteen.

Cole had rolled up the blanket, grabbed a long piece of string to tie it on each side so he could carry it. After that he then filled the canteen up with water, before giving his wife a kiss and headed on his way in search of his daughter.

That girl of ours, she's going to be the death of us  He thought to himself as he started going into the woods. Cole to fill the chill in the air and the fog was thick, while slowly making his way, so he wouldn't trip.

Meanwhile back at the cabin, Gretchen was getting their son's crib ready, so she could put him in it. After it was done, she headed back into the living room, grab the bags and headed into the kitchen.

The kitchen walls are white with tantrum and a light above the table, actually set the bags down. On the left middle wall is a window, that sits above the sink and the countertop is a sparkly marble.

The floor is wooden flooring and on the right middle wall has a two-door refrigerator, with a deep freeze to the right of it. On the left side of the refrigerator is the stove and the appliances are all stainless steel.

On the far back middle wall is a big pantry with all kinds of canned goods and boxed noodles, sauces.

The stained wooden cabinets hung on each side of the sink and the same cabinets under the sink. Gretchen I just put those two bags away, before making her way back to the living room to grab some more bags.

While she was grabbing the other bags, her mind was wondering if her husband had found their little girl yet or not. Gretchen made her way back into the kitchen and set the bags down, pulling the food out of them.

After  putting everything away, she put some coffee on before making her way back into the living room. I know it's going to be a long night she thought to herself,  before sitting down on the couch.

When you first walked in the front door, the floor was stained hardwood and the TV hung above the fireplace in the middle left wall. There is a window on each side of the fireplace and burgundy curtains hung above them.

There are loveseats on each side of the windows, with burgundy and white pillows set on them. On the right middle wall is a large black leather couch and it matches the love seats.

There are burgundy and white pillows sat on the couch and there are windows on each side of the door with burgundy curtains. On the back far middle wall is the big black stereo system that they had bought years back.

"I guess the coffee's ready by now," Greta said out loud with a sigh, before making her way back into the kitchen. When she got there, Gretchen grabbed a coffee cup out of the cabinet and poured herself some coffee.