CHAPTER 3

Gretchen had added a spoon of sugar, as she started up and then headed back into the living room. She said her cup onto a coaster that was sitting on the coffee table.

The table was stained and varnished wood with a side table set on each side of the couch as well as the love seats. She grabbed the remote, turned it on and started flipping through the channels looking for the news.

Gretchen finally found the news channel, while she sat there watching it and constantly looking out the front window, while sipping on her coffee.

"Tonight will be a stormy night and there might be power outages in these areas," The News man said on the TV. He continued mentioning about the mudslides and what the next couple days would look like.

I wish you would have waited and taken some coffee with him she thought to herself with a sigh. Gretchen has finished her coffee and decided to go pour herself another one.

She got up off the couch and made her way into the kitchen, setting the cup down on the counter. You poured another cup of coffee, put sugar in it and headed back into the living room.

Gretchen set her cup down on the coaster, before making her way to the front door. When you got there she opened up the door and stepped out onto the deck, looking around.

There is nothing around, as she wondered what the news would bring when her husband gets back. "Jennifer where are you," She said out loud hoping to hear her.

The wind started to blow heavy, as she could hear the limbs cracking and falling to the ground. When she could hear her son being fussy, she headed back inside to check on him.

Gretchen walked in, turned to the right and headed to the left down to her son's room. Family pictures and portraits hung on both sides of the wall and a hanging light hung above the hallway.

The whole floor is varnished hardwood, with a bedroom towards the back wall. The door is varnished hard wood with brass door knobs, as she opened the bedroom door and noticed he was sound asleep.

There is a crib on the far back middle wall with blue paint on the walls and toys all over the hardwood floor. There is a window on the middle right wall with light blue curtains home above the window.

I guess Sam just had a bad dream she thought to herself while closing the door behind her and headed back into the living room to sit down. When she got there, she sat down and started flipping through the channels.

Gretchen couldn't find anything on, as she put it on the country music station and made her way to Jennifer's room, taking the sheets off of everything. She stepped into the hallway and went to the door on the left that's next to the bathroom.

She opened the door, stepped inside and started getting things taken care of, before her husband got back with their daughter. The wood floor is stained hardwood with varnish.

On the far Middle wall is a window with white lace curtains and pink drapes, with a dresser underneath the window sill. On the right middle wall is a walking closet with hardwood floors and pink walls.

To the left of the middle wall is a full size bed with light pink sheets and a dark pink comforter. There are all kinds of stuffed animals sitting on the bed and a varnish stained side table on each side of the bed.

There are unicorn pictures hung all around the room and an alarm clock sat on the right side stand with a glass lamp on each side of the nightstands. When she was done, Gretchen stepped out and closed the door behind her.

She turned left in the hallway, as you made her way down the hall to the other bedroom. She opened the door and stepped inside, pulling the sheets off of everything.

The walls are turquoise with hard stain wooden floors and on the far middle wall is a window with white lace curtains, dark turquoise drapes hung above the window.

On the right side of the window is a cushion chair, with two different colored turquoise pillows sat on it. To the right of it is a big walking closet with lots of space and to the left of the window and a stained dresser.

On the left back middle wall is a queen size bed light turquoise and a dark turquoise bedspread. There is a stained nightstand that sat on both sides of the bed.

There is a turquoise glass lamp that sits in the middle of the dressers and an alarm clock set on the left front side stand. After she was done, Gretchen ran out of their bedroom and into the hallway.

She made her way into the living room, before making her wait to the kitchen for some more coffee. Gretchen poured the last cup of coffee and decided to make another pot, for her husband when he comes in.

When she was done starting the next pot, she made her way into the living room and listened to the music while she waited on her husband and daughter to get back.
I hope my husband's okay Gretchen thought to herself.

She had a worried look on her face, when Gretchen looked at her wrist watch and noticed it was 2:00 in the morning, as she started to worry more about her husband.

She decided to go get out of her clothes and into her nightgown, sense she has been in these clothes all day long. Gretchen made her way into their bedroom, stepped inside and made her way over to the closet.

She opened the closet door,pulled out her blue nightgown and robe, before heading over to the bed and laid it down. After she was done with that, she started getting undressed and started putting her nightgown and robe on.

While she was doing that, what was that, could that be My husband back with are daughter Gretchen thought to herself, as she rushed to finish getting dressed and slipped on her house shoes.

She ripped out of the bedroom and made her way over to the front door, noticing that no one was there. Gretchen shook her head, before she hung her head down in disappointment and made her way over to the couch.

She sat down, grab the remote and started looking for a movie to watch as she started flipping through the channels. I don't know what to watch there's so many movies on right now Gretchen thought to herself with a sigh.

Meanwhile out in the woods Cole just found their daughter, snuggled up against the tree. She doesn't look too good, he thought to himself with a sigh as he reached down and picked her up.

He took off walking back, holding their daughter close."Dad is that you?" Jennifer said with a low voice as she passed out from being so tired.

"Yes baby girl, it's your daddy," He said to her as he cleared his voice and kept on walking. After a little while walking, Cole started hearing some howling sounds in the distance and hoped to get back to the cabin.

He knew it was a long way back to the cabin as he picked up the pace, since he could tell they were getting closer. Cole wasn't going to let them catch up and kept on walking in a fast pace, since he has his family back at the cabin.

He had to stop and rest since he needed a drink of water, after setting his daughter down. When he was about to take a drink out of the water,"I'm thirsty?"She said to her dad in a little pitch voice.

Cole took the canteen away from his mouth, as he knelt down next to his daughter and put it next to her mouth. "Here you go my girl," He said to her with a low pitch voice, trying not to attract the wolves.

He held the canteen for her, since she was weak and as she started drinking, he heard the sound of the howling again. Cole noticed it was closer than before, "We have to go,"He said to his daughter as he pulled the canteen away.

He quickly took a drink, before closing the lid and put it back over her shoulder, as he picked his daughter up. Well he was walking at a steady pace, he could hear something being really close.

Jennifer's eyes opened up, wondering why her dad was carrying her and heard something around them. "What is it Dad?" She asked her dad with a terrified voice, before starting to shake.

"Don't worry, I'm here with you now," Cole said back to her with a straight face.