17- My past(1)

And suddenly, a flash of memory comes to my mind...

"Where do blue roses bloom?"

Followed by a loud, excruciating. headache.

"Aghhh!!!" I grab my head.

A loud noise rings in my ears as I fall back on my bed.

It takes another 5-7 minutes for the pain to calm down.

I reach for the glass of water on my desk and gulp it down.

"I haven't had such a bad headache since very long..."

Back when I was 14-15, I was kidnapped by a bunch of thugs. I don't remember much myself but from what my parents told me was that I suffered an injury to my head and lost my memories completely. I couldn't recognise anyone, nor did I remember my own name. Worse than that, the people who kidnapped me were never caught. My parents moved out of the neighborhood in fear of getting harmed again.

Even to this day I don't have my memories before I turned 16.

When I tried remembering something from my past, it would result in an excruciating headache followed by a loud ringing in my ear.

The doctors tried their best but to no avail. Eventually, they gave up.

In they end I was recommended to a hypnotherapist.

Dr Susan Kim, my current hypnotherapist. She is the sweetest woman I know, and one of my close confidant.

"Ammnesia- Inability to remember events for a period of time. While it is uncommon but not much in your case."

"I feel recurring headaches and it hurts so much that I might lose my mind!!!" I used to cry to her.

"Often times, Amnesia can be triggered as the brain's defense mechanism to protect itself from trauma. This fight against the traumatic memories, might be causing the headaches"

"Then...what should I do?"

"Its simple, don't stress your mind for now by forcing yourself to recall everytging. The memories will come back to you on their own when you are ready"

That was the last session we had.

Because after her advice, I soon got better. And since I had to move out for my studies, we weren't in frequent contact but she would be always there for me whenever I needed any advice.

But when I mentioned about the headache to my parents, they seemed to be very worried.

Not for me, of course.

"Your wedding is getting near! Have you got any idea what might happen if Josh finds out about your memory loss? He might think you are crazy and worse, he might cancel the engagement altogether!" My mother says.

I don't say a word.

"Visit Dr Kim tomorrow...I don't want to take any risks!" My father says in a low voice.

"Okay" I say.

There was silence at the dinner table.

But then I ask something, I had never asked.

"Mom, Dad...What kind of person was I before the memory loss? I mean you have told me what I liked, my hobbies, my dislikes and about our old town but I can't remember anything!"

"Why bother? It doesn't matter if you can't remember anything" my dad says.

"I'm just curious...I don't really have any friends from our old town or anyone who knew me back then except you guys...That's the reason I wonder..."

"You were a very naughty kid. You used to pick fights at school, bunk classes and hang out with bad kids and also never listened to us" my mom recalls.

"What?? Really?? Me???" I raise my brows.

"Yeah...I mean after your memory loss, you changed completely. The doctors said its not uncommon, we didn't know whether to be happy or scared. The girl who hated capsicums, started eating them again, the girl who hated going to school actually started being great at her studies...even your rudeness had changed. It was strange to say the least, but we were not complaining" My mother laughs.

"Yeah, except the medical bills were extremely high..." my father dreads over.

"Wow...I wonder how can a person change so much??"

"Yeah...But we never told you anything up until now because we feared you would become like that again..." My mother says.

"Oh..."

"Anyways, visit the doctor tomorrow. Don't delay on this." My father says, standing up from his place.

"Yeah..."

I always thought that I was a weak person...

I felt powerless in front of my parents, and at the face of my fate.

To think that, I was a person like that...

How strange is life!

How strange...

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗