21-Leads (2)

"I want to know..."

"What happened in that town"

"While I was not there".

"..."

After ending the call with Ray, I look over to Dr Kim.

"What did he say?"

"He wants to meet up at XX town. He said he will be here by Monday..."

"Monday..."

"Yeah".

"That's just 3 days from now."

"Yeah..." I look down at my phone.

Ray didn't send a single message after that.

I click to view is profile picture. He was a thin, gullible looking guy in glasses.

I expand the picture and try hard to recognise him.

But no matter how hard I tried...

I had no clue.

It made me feel so useless, so helpless...

Dr Kim placed a hand on my back.

"Don't blame yourself, Lisha...It's not your fault." She says.

My shoulders tremble under her arm.

"I...I am scared. I am really scared."

"What are you scared of?"

"I don't know...I am scared of all that is happening right now! And for some reason I am scared of remembering my past as well..."

"It's natural to be scared of the unknown, Lisha. But life's unpredictable afterall. The best you can do is just go ahead and figure it out".

"I hope so..."

"Yes, don't worry much. Just go home and rest for the day."

Home...

If that's really my home then...

Why don't I feel at ease at my own home?

My own Mom and Dad hid so many things up from me.

About my past, my school, my friends...

All of it.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing...just wondering why didn't my parents ever mention any of this to me. Not the town or the school, or even the kind of person I was..."

"They may have their reasons..."

"..."

"But I get the feeling that those reasons may not have been good."

"Doctor should I ask them about XX town and my past...?"

"I would advice you against it. If they have managed to hide your past for so long, they must be having some reasons. And you diving into it deeper, will be a threat to them in this situation."

"Threat...?"

"Yes, a threat. I mean just think about it. Why would your parents hide your past? If they wanted you to remember everything wouldn't it be better for them to bring up things from your past so that they can trigger back your memories?"

My brows furrowed in confusion.

"But then why would they do that? They have always wanted me to remember it all, right? I mean that is the reason why they have spent so much money on my treatment!"

"I Don't know about that but there is something I feel like you must know avout your parents..."

"What...?"