Chapter five

Chloe was awakened from her slumber at the sound of a key in the door. She rubbed her eyes to free them of any sleep. Remus stumbled into the room, grabbing onto the kitchen counter to not fall. Chloe quickly rushed to his aid and put his arm around her shoulder, guiding him to his bed.

"Chlo? What are you doing here?" Remus said drowsily, as if he could fall asleep at any moment.

Chloe ignored his question and walked off to a cabinet in the kitchen, searching for a potion. "Rem, where is your medicine?" Chloe looked over her shoulder and saw that Remus had plopped face first into his pillow, groaning softly from his pain.

"Third drawer from the left." Remus grumbled into the pillow. Chloe opened the drawer, but saw nothing other than chocolate.

She turned around to face him and raised an eyebrow. "Your actual medicine, Remus." She said sternly.

"Second drawer from the left, that's what I said." Remus argued.

"Did not."

"Did too! We should get you hearing aids or something."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Sure, let's make it our priority." She walked over to Remus with a small bottle in her hand. She handed it to him. Remus' disgusted looking face reminded her how much he hated this particular pain-killer. "Bottoms up."

Remus threw his head back and drank the potion in its entirety. "Where's my treat?"

Chloe sighed and shook her head. "You become such a baby when you're sick."

"We don't joke about chocolate, Chloe Lupin, now give me it!" Remus was now laying on his side with his eyes closed, but he waved his finger in the air to give a dramatic performance.

Chloe gave in and handed him a bit of chocolate she had found in the first drawer she opened. "Yes, professor."

"Five points from Gryffindor, for your disrespect." Remus declared dramatically, the medicine clearly had kicked in.

Chloe sat next to where Remus laid on bed, with her back against the headboard. "You're grumpy, you should take a nap."

She heard Remus groan. "I don't wanna." he whined.

"I'll tell you what," Chloe leaned over to whisper in his ear, "when you wake up, I'll give you a piece of chocolate."

That seemed to convince Remus, as Chloe heard soft snores not long after. Smiling to herself, she grabbed her sleeping bag from the sofa. She unzipped it and spread it out over Remus. She then walked over to the third drawer from the left and grabbed herself a bar of chocolate. Or two. Okay fine, she took three bars of chocolate, of which she put two in her pocket. She threw herself down on the sofa, and continued reading Remus' book.

Chloe and Remus had gotten quite used to their routine around the full moon. Before every full moon, the two would eat chocolate ice cream for dessert. Remus claimed it gave him more strength during his transformation. After every full moon, Remus would be tired and hopped on pain-killers. Chloe would do her best to help him, but Remus would always act like a child, whining and unwilling to cooperate. But neither of the two ever complained about their routine. Because, as Remus said, he did not make it through a war to complain about being alive.

After about three hours, Remus woke up from his deep sleep. Chloe saw him raise his head and look around in confusion. "I was really out of it, wasn't I?" He questioned.

Chloe chuckled and handed him some freshly made tea. "Yes you were. You have some damage to undo."

Remus frowned while blowing on the hot tea. "What sort of damage?"

Equation of you [ George Weasley ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara