Chapter seven

That evening, Chloe had been pleasantly surprised by the fact that Fred and George indeed had managed to get Alicia and herself out of detention. The twins had decided to make a huge and disgusting swamp appear in front of Snape's classroom, making it so that the girls couldn't reach it and Snape was locked inside. There technically wasn't any proof that the twins were behind the prank, and because of Alicia's "super conflicting and incredibly important Quidditch meetings" as she put it, rescheduling the detention seemed to be difficult. Luckily, the mediating Dumbledore agreed and decided it was best to forget about the detention all together.

Angelina let out a loud groan as she let her head fall on the table in the Great Hall, barely missing her plate. She banged her head on the table twice, making a couple of lunch eating Gryffindors stare at her.

Chloe, who was sitting right next to her, hadn't noticed Angelina had arrived already and jumped at the sudden noise, accidentally dropping the spoon for her yoghurt.

"Ange, you scared me to death!" Chloe exclaimed. She noticed the twins sliding over the bench to be closer to the two of them.

"Well join me in the half dead club." Angelina stated miserably, her forehead still resting on the table.

"What seems to be the problem, ladies?" Fred said, jokingly grabbing some parchment and a quill as to make notes.

"Pssh," Chloe scoffed, "you're not her therapist."

"I wish my therapist was here." Angelina whimpered dramatically.

Chloe now got a bit concerned as well, unsure if Angelina was just being dramatic. "What happened? I just saw you an hour ago in Transfiguration, the only thing that could have hap-," Chloe interrupted herself. "Oh."

"That's right, "Oh"." Angelina now raised her head from the table, but put her hand under it and her elbow on the table.

"What, oh?" George asked. He didn't look entirely interested, as he took large bites out of his sandwich, but his tone told Chloe something different.

"Oh, as in, oh no my entire future is fu-" Angelina grumbled.

"Angelina had her counsellor talk with McGonagall today." Chloe interrupted her friend. The talk with the counsellor was a well known and feared thing amongst all fifth-years. It is known to be a combination of a genuine conversation about a student's future and a lecture about which subjects' owls they had to study twice as hard in order to achieve that future.

Chloe reached over the table to grab some brownies and put one on Angelina's plate, making her smile. "Now what did McGonagall say exactly?"

Angelina's smile disappeared again. "That with my current grades, there's no way I'm going to become an Auror."

A chorus of "That's bullshit" could be heard from Chloe, Fred and George. "Is there anything you can do?"

Angelina shrugged and picked at her brownie. "Study twice as hard for my OWLs, I suppose." Angelina looked down at her hands.

"Don't worry Love, she told me the exact same thing." Fred grinned.

Chloe picked a blueberry out of her yoghurt and threw it at him, but Fred ducked and it missed. "You don't even want to become an Auror."

"Besides the point, isn't it?" Fred shrugged and threw a blueberry back at Chloe, hitting her on her nose. "I'm just saying neither of us is going to become an Auror."

Angelina let out another groan and buried her head in her hands. Chloe shot Fred an annoyed look. "Look what you did." She hissed, making George snicker.

She grabbed Angelina's face with both hands and angled it her way.

"Ange, you are super smart and very talented and you can definitely get your grades up." Chloe tried to motivate her friend, but she was met with a look of unbelief. "And if you don't, you'll figure something out." Chloe let go of Angelina's face, the latter massaging her chin after Chloe's tight grip.