┉┈◈𐌴𐍊𐌾𐌷†◈┈┉

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Michael came in the same way Beckett did—kicking and screaming.

Other than a couple scrapes, cuts, and bruises, he looked perfectly fine. Apparently he didn't get those from crash landing. It became clear exactly what had done that to him when Michael spotted Darling perched on Archie's shoulder.

He'd swiped a blanket off a cot and snuck up behind them before catching and wrapping the writhing, hissing creature in the cloth. Archie was furious. That had led them to the argument they were currently having while one was chasing the other around the center of the dome.

"Give him back!"

"No! This is a dangerous wild animal, it doesn't belong here!"

"He is a good boy, he never hurt anyone!"

"YET!"

At this point, Darling had managed to claw and bite its way through the blanket and soon after launched itself at Michael's face; he screamed.

Tük'hala grabbed the feral creature by the scruff of its neck before it could land and mangle his face.

"Do you see now?!" Michael yelled, wide-eyed. "That thing was going to kill me!"

"He's scared of you because you attacked him," Archie shot back defensively.

"That thing is scared of me?" Michael scoffed. "I'm sorry to break it to you, but your pet is a safety hazard and you should return it where you found it as soon as possible."

"I agree with thisss," Tük'hala huffed with a nod, still holding Darling by the scruff while it squirmed.

Archie tried to take it back. "Don't hold him like that, he doesn't like it!"

Tük'hala let him retrieve the creature and his lip curled in distaste as it suddenly started purring and cuddling into the burly man's arms.

"Do Daki have pets?" Charlie asked the alien curiously.

He looked startled that she suddenly spoke to him but immediately recovered. "Only useful pets. We do not do that to them," he said, nodding towards Archie who was scratching behind Darling's ear.

Charlie glanced their way. "Do animals here not like to be scratched?"

Tük'hala grumbled, "I don't sssee how that would be pleasant."

Without thinking, Charlie reached up and caressed her nails down the rough scales of his shoulder. "Does this not feel pleasant?"

He shivered and she pulled back her hand, inwardly cursing herself for touching him so freely. She must have offended him. Her breath hitched when he gripped her wrist before she could retreat fully.

"I liked it. Don't ssstop," he said in a lower tone that made her stomach flip.

She was lost in his eyes, unable to look away as if hypnotized. But she broke out of it when she heard a few beeps from the medical pod. She turned her gaze just as Luca pushed up the top and sat up with a groan, rubbing his head as if he had a horrible migraine.

Everyone rushed over.

"Luca, what happened?" Charlie asked, glancing down at his injury.

His green eyes lifted to find hers and her breath caught when she saw the deep grief and pain behind them.

"I..." he began hoarsely, but then cleared his throat. "It was after you left. I went to the bridge to monitor your journey and the door closed too soon. It would have cut me in half, but—" he stopped, putting his face in his hands.