like romeo and juliet

Tate's View

"You wanna go get something to eat?" I ask.

"No." Y/n mumbles.

It's been one full day since Y/n told me what happened and everything has changed. I just feel like it's all my fault.

"I really think you need to call your dad and make amends. I don't want to be the reason you hate each other or the reason you lose your title." I say.

"It's just a title, Tate, it's just a prefix. My dad wants me to live my life a specific way and I don't want to. This has nothing to do with you." Y/n says.

"But it does. Your dad told you to stay away and you snuck out and-" I say.

"I did that because I wanted to. I did that because I want to be with you. Everything that's been happening is happening because I can't deny my feelings for you." Y/n says.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, even if I'm just Y/n." Y/n says.

I smile and kiss her.

"So what do 'normal' people do?" Y/n asks.

"Well, they sure as hell don't skip breakfast." I say.

She chuckles and nods.

3 hours later...

"I'm going flying back to Canada tonight. Are you gonna come with me or..." I say.

"I'll come with." Y/n says.

"Okay, so I will lend you 2 things." I say going through my bag.

"Okay." Y/n says.

"My other phone. I use it for work but no one should call or text it. I can get you a new one when we land." I say handing Y/n my phone.

"And one of my credit cards, you can use it to buy whatever you need." I say handing Y/n my card.

"Really?" Y/n asks.

"Yes." I say.

"I feel really guilty for taking this stuff from you." Y/n says.

"You have done so much for so many people. Don't feel guilty for taking the bare minimum. Plus, you're my girlfriend, I'm supposed to look out for you." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her.

Time Skip

"There she is, the woman of the hour

"There she is, the woman of the hour. Hello, your royal highness." Austin says, smiling.

"Hi Austin." I say, smiling.

"How are you?" Austin says.

"I'm okay, how are you?" I ask

"I'm great. Listen, we have a lot to talk about because a lot has happened this past month." He says.