CHAPTER 5

The next morning as Infected walked downstairs and scratched his eyes he'd reach the final step and freeze as he saw what was suddenly inside of the wall.

The elevator.

Infected would immediately grab his bat as he heard some zombies shuffling around inside. DrRetro would hear the noises from her room and immediately jump out of bed and grab her bonesaw before rushing downstairs, still in her pajamas.

"Meow meeow MEOW meeoww?!" (What the fuck is THAT doing here?!)

"1 d0nt kn0w but 1 th1nk th3r3s s0m3 z0mb13s 1ns1d3"

The elevator would ding a small swarm would pile out, about 4. Infected would hit one of the zombies, knocking them to the floor before slamming the bathroom down on it and doing the same with the other. DrRetro would use her bonesaw as an axe and chop one of the zombies heads clean off before finishing off the last zombie with a clean cut right through the middle of their skull.

After the final zombie hit the floor the two would look inside the elevator and see it was the regretavator everyone knew and loved

"Meow, meeow meow" (strange, it should've left by now)

"Wh4t d0 w3 d0?"

"Meoow meeow mrow" (we need to call the others then we'll see)

As everyone slowly got up from bed they'd all crowd around the elevator wondering what to do next while also cleaning up the bodies.

"I don't wanna go in dere, I have alot of bad memories..."

"What d'ya suggest we do doc?"

"Meeow meow mrow meow" (I suggest we assemble a team to explore what remains inside that rotten facility)

"But that place is full of death traps, what's the point?"

"Meow mrow, meeoow meow" (but maybe, we could find some more survivors or some more  supplies)

"W3ll wh0's g0nn4 b3 4p4rt 0f th1s t34m?"

"Mrow, meeow, meoww" (Mark, Walter, and infected"

"Why us???"

"Meeoww, meow meeoow" (well, you 3 in the most pristine condition)

"F1n3 w3'll d0 1t..."

DrRetro would smile as she handed them their weapons and a backpack full of supplies if things went south as long as a walkie talkie.

As the trio funneled into the elevator they said their goodbyes as they started their descent into the 5th circle of hell.

After the elevator closed DrRetro would turn to the rest of the NPCs.

"Meow meeow, mrow "meoow"" (as for the rest of you, we'll be doing a bit of "remodeling") DrRetro said as she held up a hammer and some boards.

As the elevator began to start moving everyone would mostly stay silent as the gripped their weapons. Infected would start to try and make some small talk.

"S0 ummm d1d y0u guys dr34m 0f 4nyth1ng 1nt3r3st1ng?"

"Oh you know just that weird shadow that haunts all of our dreams..."

"0h y34h 1 f0rg0t! 1ts cuz 1m 4lw4ys gr1nd1ng 0n f0rtn1t3 4nd n3v3r sl33p!"

"You should probably get that checked out bud"

"Wdym??? 1m f1n3! XD"

"Yeah totally..."

The elevator would eventually stop dead in its tracks making everyone raise their weapons and look at the door as they waited for it to open.