CHAPTER 7

It was the next day after the group attempted to talk with some ghosts. Poob and Lampert were sitting on the curb of the sidewalk while watching Infected hit some tricks on his skateboard.

It was eerily silent with only the noise of Infected's skateboard scrapping against the road. It felt odd to them to not hear the usual hustle and bustle of the city. Not even the birds were chirping. However, it was also strangely calming.

"Maybe this whole zombie apocalypse thing isn't so bad"

"I mean I don't hav 2 go to work and I get 2 hang out with my best fwiends!"

"I mean the zombies are probably the least of our problems"

"Its liek a really long sleepova!"

"A really long one..."

Lampert and Poobs chat would.get cut short by the sound of a piece of wood snapping.

"Fr1ck!!!"

Lampert would immediately look up and see Infected on the floor next to a broken board. He'd immediately rush over to him and help him up.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"1m f1n3 l4mpy...

But 1 c4nt s4y th3 s4m3 f0r my b04rd..."

He'd hold up his board to Lampert which was snapped clean in half.

"Th1s 0n3 w4s my f4v0r1t3 0n3 t00 ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ"

"Why don't u just steal anotha one?"

Lampert would look at Poob, startled. What he just said was incredibly out of character for this happy go lucky partygoer.

"What?"

"I mean everything is free rn..."

"H3s g0t 4 p01nt l4mp3rt. Y0u w4nn4 c0m3 w1th m3 t0 f1nd 4 n3w 0n3?"

"Ugh, fine..."

"Y4Y!!!"

Infected would immediately stand up and brush the dirt off his jeans.

"U c0m1n p00b?"

"No thank u I'm staying :3"

"4lr1ghty!"

The two would then start to walk to the nearest hot topic in search for the perfect skateboard.

As they walked away Poob would get up and head back inside the house. They entered the living room in hopes of seeing Pest but he was nowhere to be found. They would frown before heading upstairs to Pest's room where Poob found him trying to get an old chainsaw to work.

Poob would sit on the bed next to Pest's workspace and look over at him.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Work"

"Can I help? :3"

"No"

Poob would cross his arms and pout.

"Ur so rude..."

"I know what your trying to do and it's not working"

"Please Pest it's been so long since we did it!"

"It's been a week"

"Pleeeease?"

"I'm busy"

Poob would reach their hand out to Pest's, only for him to swat it away.

Poob would then start to fake cry in hopes of getting Pest's attention. Pest would let out a long sigh before setting down his tools and getting on top of Poob.